How can I stop taking Pokemon GO so seriously?

For example I don't want to sit somewhere to eat if there's not a Pokestop or a gym nearby, even if I feel very hungry. I try to, but I want to be the best trainer among all and show off my powered up Pokemon to others.

Most Helpful Girl

• Leave your phone at home if you go out to eat. Or turn it completely off when you're going to eat. Try to break away gradually.

• I have two phones. I bought the second one, exclusively for Pokemon GO.

• Then don't bring that one with you. Or keep that one off when you go out to eat or go to events.

• Use it as a phone instead of something to play a game on. Or since you have 2, just sell it or something. That way the temptation will be completely gone.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know. Although I only do the streak bonus, 1 pokestop and 1 Pok√©mon / day

• What's your Level now?

• I have a Rhydon signed on a gym for more than a month. Still there.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 20

• I'm not being mean when I say that you are an adult and have the ability to not allow a game to dictate your life. Only you can do it. If or when it really bothers you, you'll stop it. Make some friends that aren't caught up in a game running their lives. If this is your biggest problem in life, you are lucky.

• How am I lucky?

• Because most of us, at your age, have things going on in life that are bigger concerns and more important than not playing a game. Again, not trying to be mean, just honest.

• Well you can start by realizing that it is pointless. No one plays pokemon go anymore. You would do a lot better to use your effort and time on one of the 3ds pokemon games. With those you might actually be able to make a living with it. Where as no one takes the go game seriously and it is a laughing matter among the serious pokemon players.

• I assume you are my age, yes?
    Well I think there's a deeper issue here, I think you play too much cause this game is fulfilling a desire you have, could be a desire to acomplish something, maybe a desire for control, I don't know that, but you will continue escaping to this virtual reality, you need to make changes in your real life in order to quit playing games, if you unistall the game of sell your phone, this game will be replace with something else, and also it's not a bad thing to have hobbies and things that help you escape reality, it's bad when those things stop you from living a normal life

• find another hobby, do you have job? or are you possibly still in uni or college. There are many hobbies out there, like picking up a new instrument for example. You could even discover new games which are much better than pokemon go that will not destroy you daily necessities. Ask your close friends for advice, or simply socialise more. 'hey lets go see a movie'.

• 0|2
  • Lol accidentally walk into a pond.

• Either you want to stop or you don't.

• Get a girlfriend

• uninstall

• uninstall the app

• Yes dude. That's all that I can say.

• You could get a girlfriend. Or just a girl who is a friend.

• Get a stuffed pikachu toy then burn it with matches
    Or delete Pokemon go

• Just buy a wii u And the game problem solved. You don't miss out on anything when you turn it off

• Accidently brake your phone, if that doesn't help do it again, until you're totally broke

• sarcasm involved.
      Deleting app also might help , because you wouldn't want to start again

• i think you sould just give it some time and u will get bored of it , but i understand your situation

• delete the app. just delete it. bit the bullet. ENTER THE ABYSS.

• Get a girlfriend, she'll nag your ass to the point that Pokemon just wouldn't be worth it anymore

• Bot, get your account banned, and problem solved