80s metal VS 90s metal: which do you think is better?

80s metal FTW. More melodic and the combination of electric guitars, keyboards and loud drums was the best thing happened in music industry.

• 80s metal
    60%(3)75%(15)Vote80%(12)
  • 90s metal
    20%(1)20%(4)Vote20%(3)
  • None
    20%(1)5%(1)Vote0%(0)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• The 80s is the best decade fit good stuff.
    Technology. Movies. Cars. And if class music

What Girls Said 1

• 90's.
    I hate keyboards in music such as rock, metal, punk... When they bring in the keyboards - a lot of the time it seems as if they're trying to get closer to pop...
    When it's done right it can be amazing - but the fact is - it's an exception to many bands who've done it wrongly.

• I'll give you an example: Bon Jovi

Their 80s stuff with keyboards sounded amazing. Especially their debut is a milestone in Rock music. Since the 90s their sound was stripped down, but I understand why they did it. In order to survive in the music business.

• Google it. It was popular in the early 80s especially in the UK and it's a genre I like as well. Iron Maiden is the most popular NWOBHM band and also, Def Leppard started as a NWOBHM band too. It has almost no keyboards at all, but it's pretty melodic.

• Oh, I don't like Iron Maiden... I respect what they've done, but their sound isn't my thing at all... There's way too much going on there for it to be emotionally impactful for me.

What Guys Said 8

• 80's!

• 80's of course!

• Definitely 80s. It was a great time for power metal, thrash, neoclassical, basically everything. 90s "metal" is horrible. I don't even know what's classified as 90s metal tbh, aside from previously existing bands. Slipknot? Korn? Ick. Even bands like Metallica, Testament, Annihilator, and Sepultura that were good went downhill.

• Don't forget Glam Metal. Best among all.

• I guess I only can accept X-japan and an italian band Rhapsody
    https://youtu.be/VwG9Y2IgLhA

• Ozzy debuted in the 80's, so that's the obviously better decade.

• Well since the 80s brought us thrash, 80s ftw

• 80's had better metal, 90's had better music in general

• 90s better music? Hm... not at all. Even the Pop music was better in the 80s than in the 90s. Duran Duran were better than Oasis or Spice Girls for sure.

• Duran Duran was utter trash

• Hey, they were far better than Wham! or Kajagoogoo who were shitty to the core.

• 70's punk, 80's metal