Guitarist, should I buy an electric or acoustic guitar?

Hi guys, I wonder if I should buy electric guitar or acoustic. I have a steel string acoustic guitar right now. It's my first guitar and around 4 years old. I've been playing rhythm in all these years.

Now, I think it's time to get a new one because for some reason, the neck is curved. I want to learn lead or melody. When I played melody with his guitar, it doesn't sound like what I expected to be. But I also like to fingerpick with acoustic guitar. I play a lot of genres from classics, folks, rocks, countries, blues, jazz, etc..

So, should I buy electric or acoustic? I can only afford one type. If I buy electric, can I make it sounds like acoustic? What are the pros and cons?

02

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I would go electric. I'm going to buy a guitar and amp myself soon and learn to play.

• Electrics are a little easier to play, but you need all the other stuff that goes along with them and you need to be plugged in. You can take and play an acoustic anywhere. I'm an acoustic fan.