Can you recommend me some good serious Anime?

I like anime but I would like to see more of it. I like the serious Anime. NOt the little girls with big eyes anime. I don't like ecchi and too much Fanservice. Some names I like:
- Dragonball
- Highschool of the dead (Although I hate the fanservice in it)
- Captain Harlock
- Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers
- Death Note
- Attack on Titan

As you can see I like (really) old and new stuff. Can you recommend me some other stuff?

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, if you want serious anime and you haven't seen Cowboy Bebop already, watch it now. You can thank me later ;)

I agree with Fullmetal Alchemist, just make sure it's Brotherhood, not the original. I watched Brotherhood and I absolutely loved it, the fights are absolutely amazing! I know a guy who's watched both and says Brotherhood is superior- it follows the manga whereas the original deviates. Not to say its bad, just that Brotherhood may be better :p
    I love One Piece, but I wouldn't classify it as "serious", even though there are plenty of serious parts in it. Plus, over 700 episodes.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 2

• Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, you'll totally love it. The original Fullmetal Alchemist is great too. Some others you may enjoy: K, Tokyo Ghoul, Shakugan no Shana, Mushi-shi, Deadman Wonderland, Ghost Hound.

• The most poplar ones you didn't mention: One Piece and Fairy Tail.

What Guys Said 1