How can I portray romantic love between two teenagers in my story without showing anything sexual and without making it corny?

I am thinking of writing a young adult story. The romance is not the main plot it's only a subplot. I want to show the reader that they are developing a relationship but I do not want it to be corny or too lovey dovey. I want it to be realistic

It's two teenage boys

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Acts of thoughtful kindness, and a sense of dedication and support against odds and resistance.

• I forgot to mention that it is 2 teenage boys

Most Helpful Girl

• Making notes on the way they speak to eachother, showing that they talk and listen to one another with thoughtfulness and compassion. Writing about the happiness they feel in one anothers presence and detailing some special eye contact. Expressing the way that the characters make eachother feel, such as their hearts racing and a feeling of warmth and home. Making the characters think of one another before bed such as "as he lay in bed waiting for sleep to take him, he found himself replaying the way she smiled so beautifully in his mind". Good luck!

• I forgot to mention that it is 2 teenage boys but this definitely applies as well thanks

• Sure it doesn't make a difference, can be applied between all passions!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Romantic love is about more that physical attraction yeah? It's about genuinely liking the other person for who they are and finding out more about them and enjoying the same things together.

• I guess keep it real and cute, don't be like he wants to marry her right after high school be like years later they bum into each other and they both realize they wanted each other this whole time. Something like that. Or when the girl confess her feelings for him be like "Look I don't need you because I could have any guy but I want you because I grew up with you and realize that you were the right guy for me this whole time".

• then replace it with boys its easy.