What do you think of shows like Dr Phil, Jerry Springer, Maury, etc?

I think they are kinda fake to be honest. Or they at least play the drama up to be worse than what it is. Honestly It can be entertaining but I still don't think it's as legit as they try to portray it as.

216

Most Helpful Girl

• Dr Phil talks about real issues and concerns. I didn't even Jerry Springer was still a show drama filled on that one for sure they seem to promote fighting bringing cheating people on all the time.. Maury lol having to come on the show 17 times to find out who the father of your child is... well A get some common sense there is only a certain window in the month that's possible. B quit sleeping around and you wouldn't be having that problem, C I think some people that go on that show I think they just do it to get attention.

• I've always wondered why are they more sympathetic with the one who had the child I mean yes I feel sorry the baby is in this mess but to me both sides are no better than the other especially draggng their issues on a talk show like that

• lmao very true, I haven't watched that show in forever but every time I did it was all paternity tests

• thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• both staged and very boring

Sponsored

What Girls Said 20

• I have watched Maury for years since my toddler years and as much as I'm not a fan of Jerry because of the atrocious garbage nowadays, I watch it here and there just to hear the relationship issue stories. I don't watch Dr. Phil, but I have seen a few episodes that were very life changing. Jerry, however, is more staged just for the entertainment with true stories. You can pretty much see that. I watch Maury and Steve Wilkos more. But hey. With the way most people on here on GaG acts they need Steve and Maury and Phil.

• Steve came from Jerry Springer though and Jerry is a producer on his program, but I agree it's a complete 180 from Jerry Springer

• Yeah, I know. I remember since he started in the late 2000's. He's my now main 2nd favorite, since Montel Williams and Maury. Montel being #1 and Maury #3.

• Montel was legit too. He always had a more positive approach too. Maury is like a light Springer but at least it's more beliveable

• Of course they're staged, haha. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching them every now and then as a guilty pleasure when I've got free time. Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!

media.giphy.com/media/zLDS3cNUj6Rc4/giphy.gif

• Dr. Phil needs to stop.
    Jerry, go at it. I don't watch it at all, but... yea. No comment really. It doesn't try to be anything it's not.
    Maury, he seems like a really nice gentle relaxed guy, have NO idea how he got into this business haha. His show can stay too, for the laughs.

• I think Maury and Jerry are for the most part staged, Dr Phil is more real but of course may be spiced up for drama.
    I love watching them lol but then it turns into the same thing over and over

• I actually really like Dr. Phil. His stories are interesting to me. I just watched one recently about a religious cult. I get really intrigued with that stuff.

Maury and Jerry are trash. Cannot stand them.

• they are all scripted to provide maximum drama and titillation with very little emphasis on actually helping anyone.

• It's for entertainment purposes. Although the Dr. Phil show is more realistic than the others listed. I, unfortunately, know someone who went on the Dr. Phil show.

• Yeah the Jerry Springer show is so fake. They are all like ham actors lol I cringe watching it

• Jerry Springer may be fake, but I don't think the others are. And even if they were, they're still entertaining.

• I avoid 'em. Dr Phil could catch me outside, how bout dat

• Dr. Phil and Maury are okay shows.

• I love Maury. I know they're heightened for drama, but I still love it. Jerry Springer is an awful show. I've always hated it.

• I hate those shows. They are so trashy & repetitive. Dr. Phil is okay. I use to watch it sometimes but I haven't seen it in years.

• They seem staged but hey it's funny

• they seem scripted to me too

• Not really fake but it seems wery good organised.

• Dr. Phil is okay. Jerry Springer is too violent for my taste. Maury? Never seen that one.

• I think they are heavily scripted & a waste of time.

• looooooove those shows hahaha

• They're all stupid shows.

What Guys Said 5

• Maury is hilarious! I'll pass on the others. Seem ironic, but whatever

• There generally fake, but hilarious lol.

• They're rather entertaining.

• Kinda fake? Look deeper

• Definitely is made to be sold. They could have real people but like you said add the drama.
    People be hatin on your favorite show @Hannamyers21 😂😂