What gives you confidence?

So it's no secret that a lot of people (myself included) struggle with confidence and self-esteem. What makes you feel confident or most in your element?

Love you guys and thanks for answering :)

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 12

• Logic is the root of confidence. Logic tells you that to weaken yourself serves no purpose. Is it better to be negative or positive? Does positivity make a situation any worse? Does negativity make a situation any better? Which makes you feel the most healthy? I would argue that positivity is a much healthier and happier feeling and, being as it doesn't make anything any worse than it might already be then why not be positive?

The point is that you can't always rely on confirmation of your worth. Sometimes you have to be the one to assign it for yourself. When you set your value and you stand by that value then it sets a marker for everyone else on how they must treat you if they ever want to get anything from you.

Confidence shouldn't be something that you wait for someone else to give you. It should be something that you instill in yourself. Start the process now, firstly by refusing to put yourself down. Plenty of other people will try to put us down, we don't need to help them do that. Accept your weaknesses, work on the ones that you can work on and make peace with any that you can't. Don't spare them any extra focus. Instead, give your energy to the positive attributes that you have. We all have positive attributes, even the worst of people. The only difference is which attributes we let become our most prominent ones.

• One of the best traits I've learned over the years, besides just stfu, is to develop 'outcome independence', or 'OI'. If you're confident that it doesn't matter how it turns out, you're good either way, then it doesn't matter, so you really don't give a shit about what happens either - it's all good. The more comfortable you are with trusting that everything will be great, then you have confidence. Questioning is good, introspection is good. But so is being confident that you can make decisions and live well. That you'll be good no matter what.

• Nothing gives me confidence, I just am confident. I believe in myself. I do like the vote of confidence from others, but it's not a necessity. Great question by the way :)

• I think it's something that you just have and you make sure you never lose it. I've always had confidence in myself even in moments where I'm not sure what I'm doing. Just a mindset. I just hope for the best and own it no matter what.

• Aww, I love that outlook :) I wish I could feel that way at all times too. The thing about confidence is that it takes a while to build up (at least for me) but once it's there it usually lasts. I'm 21 years old and still haven't reached the point that I'm after

• Getting a great night's sleep. It makes me sharp and alert and I feel like I can accomplish anything. When you look good and feel good, you become more confident.

• Being successful will make people confident. Start out small and set goals for yourself. Then work to achieve them. Years will go by and you will grow in confidence and achievements. You will be successful, confident and possibly a horn dog. Good Luck everyone, you can do it too

• Strength, skill, lingering glances from attractive women.

• When I accomplish a small goal that i've been working on.

• I don't know, I wish I had more.

• a hot loyal, loving girl... or ya piss me off enough

• When I get a strong boner and a girl says she likes my manhood because of my hard erection.

• Being balls deep

What Girls Said 6

• I think you just stop caring about what other people think so much, one day I was just like wow so many people are assholes why am I so shy and then just went from there. I also think it's something that comes with age and independence.

• My knowledge and using it, in my work. Having others ask me what they should do and doing it.

• Seeing other people suck just as much
    "Misery loves company"

• accomplishing my goals.

• after coming form the gym. I feel fit and energetic

• Thinking nothing is more important then myself gives me confidence