Square Enix making an Avengers game?

So this just got announced 2 hours ago. Apparently they have a partnership with Marvel for many games planned. I thought the announcement would be the Thor: Ragnarok trailer but this is more cool

I'd play this if it's like an RPG and actually has a good character roster, including characters who haven't exactly been long-term members

• Yesss
  • Not interested
  • Square Enix is shit
    Vote C
  • Marvel is shit
    Vote D
  • Take my money already!
    Vote E
  • Whatever
    Vote F
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1116

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm hesistant to say the elast

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• As a fan of superheros, I still sincerely believe that they are just not meant for video games. The powers are never consistent - especially when multiple heroes work together. Either some are beefed up or some are nerfed - both hero and villain.

The only super hero games that could work are for the lower or mid-tier characters and even then only solo ventures with 'maybe' a cameo from other characters. OR other charcters can appear but only in cut scenes out of your control. But to have a game, where say Thor or Superman is your enemy and winning against them is a a possibility means that either the two are nerfed or you have a convenient plot-device/ deus ex machina on your side.

• I'm excited and unsure. Video games are so hit or miss when it comes to action heroes. If they can make it into a leveling up thing or you have to do things coop sometimes and then alone sometimes, than it will be alright. And have side missions and such, like RPG or open world type. But if it's another slash and bash thing like "Gods Amongst Us", or Mortal Kombat, than there is too much shit like this already.

• Mehhhh
    trailer means nothing
    sometimes the trailer of a game looks amazing and the gameplay is soo fucking boring and sucks, i dont know why, but im pretty sure they are going to fuck this up
    https://pics.onsizzle.com/Facebook-86c449.png

• Yes but Square Enix rarely disappoints. Most of their games have been good

• Especially their graphics

• you are right, but look at the history for a second. how many games, that were created based upon movies got famous and were good? only batman series is famous and good, other wise all those games like that are really boring. but you are right, square enix rarely disappoint. so let's see what they will do with this

• ... Do people here not know who Square Enix is? They're like, pretty up there. It's not gonna be a half assed game, that much is at least certain.

• I hope it comes to the Nintendo Switch xD

• It would be great, I like Square Enix games :D

• Eh, it'll have pretty cutscenes and little integrity probably. I'm not an Avengers fan so I'm not bothered.

• Very awesome they did well with Disney, so now maybe they will do well with Marvel as well.

I wonder if any of these will make it to the Switch.

• I have to remain skeptical til I've played it. I'd really like it if it plays like a sandbox rpg game plus bonus for multiplayer rpg sandbox

• Looks like a trailer for a Terminator game with a strategically placed Captain America shield.

• Square Enix turns everything into gold, I'm sure it will be good.

• Avengers...*yawn*

I like Square-Enix but this doesn't interest me at all lol

• if it turns out to be really good gameplay-wise then I'll take a look but other than that... nope

• I know. That's the reason I don't invite you to these questions :P

• I always use the questions feed with followers filter... so I see them whether you invite me or not :P

and since I'm an XP whore, I'll answer even if I'm not interested :P (and it's a free push in the feed for you)

• ... Oh my.

• One year too lateπŸ˜‚

• I'm me about it

What Girls Said 10

• Oooooo. I wonder if you'll be playing as a hero or a regular person trying to get the band back together. I'm sure whatever they do will be good though. Is this only going to be PS4 or cross platform?

• Yay, I can't wait for the game gossipforjesus.files.wordpress.com/.../...-gif.gif :D

• I'm not sure what to think lol

Decentguy said it all really, but who knows. I'll wait till some people go buy it and see what the reviews are all about πŸ™ƒ

• Hurray. More things to wait for. TY, Squeenix. I love waiting.

• Sounds interesting, a superhero RPG, I love the idea.

• I'd like to play that game, it would be just like Final Fantasy πŸ‘πŸ»

• Interesting.

• I'm not fan of Marvel, but if Square Enix makes a good game, then I'm down to paly.

• Let's see how it goes

• I'm interested.