Do you think PlayStation VR is a gimmick or the real deal?

Do you think its just a gimmick with little substance or do you think it will legitimately revolutionize the gaming industry?

why or why not?

pleas provide detailed, thoughtful responses

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought VR was a joke up until now. The games had crappy quality and they were chock-full of bugs. Their only purpose was to showcase the latest technology.

However, PlayStation has outdone itself in making VR look... actually good. I still think it will be a long, long time until VR completely replaces traditional video games, but this will definitely cause a popularity surge in VR.

You know how the console companies are. Now that PlayStation has utilized VR, Xbox will soon follow suit. The competition will force them both to keep polishing and perfecting their VR technology until it completely takes over. They're always at each other's throats, but Sony and Microsoft can do amazing things when they work together (or rather, against each other).

VR seemed to have plateau'd, but now I'm convinced that it will keep getting better and better. However, like I said, people are stubborn and it will take a while before we let go of traditional video games.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• VR is at its infancy. Developers are trying to see what they can do with it.

On console, this is obvious with the controllers introduced by Nintendo. It turned games into a room activity which suits VR just fine. You will see a lot of those tennis and activity games moving to VR easily.

However, core gamers don't play those. They are the ones spending most on games and help drive the sales and development. Core gamers like something with more action, adventure, strategic or generally more 'content' games. Those are much harder to change to VR.

Both the Vive and Oculus suffers from the same problem: traditional PC games are not really VR friendly. Hard to move around and shoot in CS in VR. You need a walking base or similar.

• It might take a few decades before Virtual reality like in the Matrix is a thing. These virtual reality in video games, is just the beginning.

• I wouldn't count on everything being VR personally

• I tried this myself and can honestly say it is revolutionary.

• Care to elaborate?

• Sounds cool. And is the immersion factor as good as I think it is?

• Yes. the only limit you have is that you're googles are connected with the cable. So the next step would be a whole room where you can walk in a VR digital room.

• I hope its real. Why are the people in the video so old?