What Stephen King Book or Movie is your favorite?

I like the book version of It and Carrie and the movie version of Carrie, Cujo, Pet Semetary, Maximum Overdrive, and It.

1014

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• It, Cell, The Shining, Cycle of the Werewolf, Pet Semetary, Doctor Sleep was actually really good.
    All the book versions of course

What Girls Said 9

• I haven't watched the films but I liked Pet Semetary and Cell a lot.

• I haven't seen any of the movies or series he scripted/produced except the Shining and Kingdom Hospital. But from the books, I guess I read every single one from his start till like the books from 2010. I am a big fan of his work. Out of all those, I like Cujo, Dreamcatcher, Pet Sematary, Bag of Bones, Blackhouse, and the Running Man, and the Needful Things a lot. I think from this short list I will go with the Needful Things.

• Pet Semetary, Cujo, Christine, IT, Salem's Lot, The Shining, Dreamcatcher, Dr Sleep, The Stand... the list goes on. The movies don't do them justice

• Book: The Stand.

Movie: Shawshank, Stand by Me, Green Mile, 1408, Storm of the Century

• I loved It, Cell was good, Under the Dome was interesting too, Desperation was amazing as well, I just love all of them, I have my own King's collection haha

• Book: Christine
    Movie: The Shining

• I liked Misery.

• i never read it but I've seen the movie version years ago. I don't remember much of it

• @spencify yeah she thought I was being dramatic and then she saw my foot and freaked out.

• yep, moms...

• the gunslinger

• I don't know if I have ever read his books.

What Guys Said 13

• You have to read Pet Sematary. It's better than the movie. They left a lot out of the movie. I heard they were going to make a remake to the 1989 movie a few years ago, but I don't know if they're going to really do one.

• it surprises me they are remaking IT. especially since I hear it's going to be more like the book and not like the Tim Curry version

• Never read any of his books but "The Stand" is my favorite movie adaptation of his books.

• The shawshank redemption is based on one of his short stories so i'll go with that.

• I prefer Rose Red and The Mist.

• The Stand - the book was better.

• Shawshank Redemption.
    The Green Mile and The Shining are pretty damn good too.

• I liked the dark tower saga. Gunslinger [the first book] was most interesting, though.

• Creepshow isn't 100% king but i love it
    Next is Cujo and Christine

• Favorite book is The Talisman and favorite movie is Carrie (1976)

• I have only read Christine and a buick 8
    I liked Christine the best

• Christine, but I greatly prefer Michael Crichton

• Do it when you're ready... Cuz once you're ready, you'll never want to stop!

• It and the book about Kennedy is great