Do you think that you have to mod some games to get the full experience?

I consider the following games incomplete if you don't mod them
Fallouts 4 and new vegas
Skyrim and oblivion
The mount and blade series (goddammit release bannerlord already, you guys are killing me with anticipation)

• Yes
    57%(8)57%(35)Vote57%(27)
  • No
    36%(5)31%(19)Vote30%(14)
  • Results
    7%(1)12%(7)Vote13%(6)
I'm going to add to my new vegas statement,
The games writing is some of the most well written in the entirety of video games.
I really only add in things like guns, armor, and on occasion quests that are fairly popular.

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm not tech-y enough to mod my games. the one time i did add mods for sims 3, i broke my game completely and had to do a full system restore lol.

thankfully, my other half is technically inclined. so, if i want to add any mods to fo4, i just get him to do it (though i did lose a level 81 character to a mod-related glitch).

• Do Fallout nexus, it makes it easy enough for non tech people to use it

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you'll have better experiences if you mod some games. I completely agree with you regarding Mount & Blade. I normally say that if you don't play Brytenwalda you'll never have a full Mount & Blade experience. And yes, the wait for Bannerlord is also killing me.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

• No, but i can certainly see the appeal of them. I loved all of those games, Fallout New Vegas was a surprisingly good game, i really enjoyed that one. I play probably 90% of my games on the mod desert of consoles and i play a lot of different games so the console experience gives me what i need.

But i have to admit, i get a little jelly when i see some of the awesome mods that the pc peeps have... still doesn't change my game playing habits though.

• I've put at at least 300 hours in fallout new vegas. I own it both for PC and Console, I first owned it on console but once I got it for PC I never went back.
      The console version doesn't hold a candle to the pc version with the ability to mod

• That's because fallout 3 was terrible and isn't really a fallout game.
      Fallout new vegas was done by a lot of the guys who did fallouts one and 2

• I enjoyed fallout 3... :P

• Mods can be great, but I personally only mod a game after I've finished a run through without. That way I can play the game with what the writers/artists had in mind, then tweak after to match the vision I think they were going for.

• Yes, like The Sims game

• The only mods I use are ones that change my character's appearance. I like having pretty characters.

• Understandable, I do the same, not mainly but a good bit into character

• Mhm, always a quality option to add in game

• Even if it isn't a quality game haha

• I don't bother. There is always something that goes wrong, and not modding is at the same time, no problem.

What Guys Said 26

• no you don't.

Per def the game IS the full experience. However mods allow you to fix stuff of the full experience you don't like. Or add stuff on top. And yes, i agree there are A LOT of things to flesh out or improve on in Fallout and elder scrolls. But that's the nature of open world games.

And unlike releasers, modders are rarely bound by deadlines or funds. Nor do they need to worry about performance

• Definitly and some games like xcom get even better with mods. PCs are great cause most games have mods on PC. Space engineers is a great game to learn moding. It is a great game on it's own but a whole new universe opens up when you start modding it.

• For the games today, mostly yes because the quality has gone down hill and game companies leave out some aspects to save money and to force you to buy add one they could have just added to begin with to earn more money. Games aren't what they used to be, back in the 90's the games had everything, they were fairly long for the most part, great stories, great gameplay, fun, repeatable and no loading screens. Only problem was trying to get the game to work. Now a days it's rare to find a game that has all of those and that isn't crap

• Those games suck specifically because they have to be modded to be halfway playable. It's a problem they have that after the initial aesthetic charm has worn off that they are flower picking walking sims with combat thrown in on top of a limited crafting system. Those games are also amazing because the community throws so much more development into mods than the actual developers do into the game. The expectation shouldn't be that a game is moddable, instead it should be entertaining enough with it's gameplay to not have every title rely on community support to make up for lack of gameplay.

• Every serious player cheats you must if you want to be competitive it really sucks big donkey dick but that's the way it works so if you a player you can't beat them so you gotta join them a there cheating way just don't get caught or you will be banned now kick some ass!!!

• Play Mass Effect and ask this again 😋

• I've played all three, I actually pre-ordered the 3rd one for my birthday back in the day.
      I'm actually not planning on getting andromeda because it was too much of a let down

• Yeah it seriously looks like they butchered it on at least three layers. They jumped the shark and went full generic, they completely separated the games while keeping nods to the original trilogy, and the Frostbite engine is horrendous - the trailers have worse animations and facial expressions than the first Mass Effect.

But the point still stands. You don't mod Mass Effect. XD

• Yeah, graphical anfd fucntional mods definitely enhance gameplay. Some games are built just to be rgs for their modding communities. Games like arma3 and mounst and blade. Some olde rgames get replayability with ai and graphics improvements, iv'e replayed SWAT4 and half life 2 with mods and they are like different games.

• As much as I think Skyrim is the best thing in all of creation, it is incomplete without the mods.

• It depends. Some games can more easily get enhanced in different ways while others are completely transformed into something different. It depends on the mods really. But again it really depends on what you want out of the game originally.

• Skyrim was only incomplete without modding for people who are hard core with role playing. I added a mod to allow me to marry Serana. But it was still a complete game.

• I think Fallout 4 needed more guns added than New Vegas. That's my one favorite thing about New Vegas: the massive selection of guns.

• Yeah I noticed that as well.
      There were A LOT less guns including some that should have been basically required like a m1911 variant, actual assault rifles not that machine gun they called an assault rifle, a pump action shotgun.
      FO4 was really lacking in the gun department till mods came out

• New vegas is an amazing game even without the mods. Last time I played NV, I kept everything as vanilla as possible. Put in some bugfixes and mostly higher quality textures.

• it totally is but you are missing out on so much without mods

• Modding the game itself is a proper game already :D By the time you're finished with modding the game such that it won't crash for some weird reason you have spent last 3 hours googling for an answer, you're too exchausted to play the game :D

• exhausted***********

• Not to the point were it's basically cheating. However, Fallout 4 is the first game I've modded since you can add mods on the console Version. The mods I use are usually the weapon, armor and song mods but not too many.

• I only support modding if it's in a game with a stupid plot or is it's one of those games that takes FOREVER to play. So yea fallout

• Yes, certain games are b rank games on their own and need that bump to get them to be amazing, if only a lot more developers were more open to letting fans improve the game after they let go on the updating

• I also use a lot weapon mods for the bulk of my mods. Love me my long list of guns in NV

• Yeah, story mods weren't needed at all in new vegas nor character as it had some of the best writing in the entirety of video games.

• @Waffles731 I actually disagree that it wasn't needed, I know a lot of good mods for NV for characters and story. For characters there's always the Fallout character Overhaul that makes all nice and players look better than fallout 4 vanilla models. As for story, things like restoring cut content and continuing after the dam was nice but the biggest kicker being the New Vegas Bounties Quest line, best mod out there in my opinion. Fits with the feel of new Vegas while giving players the ability to earn caps in an interesting job with a storyline, a way better way than skyrim's guild system did it because of the writing behind it.

• I think that mods add onto the fun that is already there and builds on the already existing game.

• Yeah new Vegas was way too empty
    Fallout 4 has a lot of inconsistent things about it
    Plus there only like three good vanilla companions
    Skyrim needs more things to fus ro dah
    And oblivion is like oh god my eyes!

• Yeah but Nick valentine and Hancock make the companions awesome

• I have to say that when I first met nick valentine my eyes lit up like oh yeah this is going to be awesome and I have to say he did not dissappoint. I like Hancock for his whole, whole heartedly heroic crime boss who dresses like its the American revolution, and now I actually live in massachusetts and I actually do like Cait for her being basically the kind of survivor that
      You'd probably find in Massachusetts, the whole tough Irish-American, rough around the edges kind of person, if you took a southie resident and put them in fallout 4, well they'd have Caits kinda attitude

• Yeah the majority of far harbor revolves around nick as well I think he has the most dialog out of all of them. I like cait but i can't get over her whining so much after everything you do for her.
      I can't help but wear silver should or the detective outfit when I use nick though part of me wishes I could get him a new body because of how beat up his is

• I love mods, you can make a game so much greater with some mods!

• naah
    but gta v mods are really awesome

• Mod make games last so much longer in terms of relevancy and enjoyment

• I enjoyed the nudity mods for oblivion and skyrim. Any game that you can play with your pants off is a winner

• Onetime I morphed out of werewolf mode like 10 percent of the way through the dungeon and did the rest of it in my underwear and said I was nakedman the new vigilante

• I can't mod on ps4 :(

• cuz Sony is strict with modding

• They still have some mods though I like the ones for settlements there's also a few others I like. I was just going through them on my ps4 there just isn't many people making quests and companions yet

• Well, the Fallout and Elder Scrolls are made for modding.
    Bethesda release a shitty game and wait for the modding community to make it better.
    It's fucking annoying, really.

Upside: www.loverslab.com/files/file/286-sexlab-defeat/

• No.. It destroys the interest

• Fallout 4 is shit. Only thing that would make me want to play it again are the exploits I enjoyed from NV.

• If you enjoy that environment of the game you are playing and want more then yeah. I am a console gamer, and enjoy playing a mass variety of games. I really have never got into any mods really. Except for Xcom 2. I really enjoy what the mod brings, but I really enjoy the environment the game offers. Which makes me want more.

• You're not doing those porn mods, are you?

• Nope, I don't do them, If I'm horney there is plenty of actual porn online and then I can do my business and get back to the game

• Don't know about others but skyrim definitely needs mods. Even with HD texture it still is not as good as it should be. But there are people who make mods that surpass every other mod. But stability is always an issue.