What do you think is the most underrated but best rock band?

What do you think is the most underrated but best rock band? And it can be in general out of all of them or just in your country. And if you don't like Rock then it can be just any band you think is really good but really underrated.

For me I think Kansas is one of the most underrated bands ever, but also one of the best as they are geniuses in their own right and have a unique style of Rock that you don't hear outside of their band, they were well known to mix and use instruments not normally used in Rock like combining drums, guitar with piano and violin.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• Kaleo,

• Never heard of em, are they a Greek band?

• Been watching Vynl?

• nope they are an Icelandic Band. I listened them through their radio once, their famous from their song "Way down we go". I looked them up, and they have an amazing album. Shame they aren't known world wide.

• The verve.

What Guys Said 24

• I too really like Kansas and have enjoyed much of their music, another group I wish did better was Dishwalla and quite honestly while I was familiar with their big hit counting blue cars. I was wanting some music to listen to at work and a friend sent me their album Opaline I believe and I have been listening to it for many years now and must say it is a great album. It's a shame they didn't do better commercially.

• i guess it sort of depends on how you define underrated

but i'd say a band like the Kinks is underrated.
    they are very popular especially to their fans and in England but in my opinion they deserve to be talked about on the same level as the beatles, rolling stones, led zeppelin, etc.

• Green Day, I know they are headliners and get a lot of attention, even in the Rock n' Roll hall of fame now, however I think they deserve more. The song writing of all their newer stuff since American Idiot has been Who level quality, like a modernized classic rock group.

• 1|1
  • Definitely Uriah Heep, while not the best, best is subjective and there are a lot of greats, they are definitely overlooked but have a strong cult following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0iuaxvkXv4

• Wednesday 13 - check out The Dixie Dead on YouTube (find the song off the album of same name)

One Eyed Doll - Check out Committed on YouTube

Last but not least, not rock, but holy fuck pickles does she rock the tits off of everyone:

Lindsey Stirling - check out Roundtable Rival, yes, on the YouTubes

• Thats Turkish Rock which was made for Eurovision 2010 song contest, and its in English.

https://youtu.be/Pdw27j_usP0

And this song is in Turkish, also one of my best 😎

https://youtu.be/FQcdTxzzL4I

• The Last Dinosaurs

• I'm gonna have to go with Buddy Holly and the Crickets (although, I guess Holly was the most important). The influence they had on future groups like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones and also future solo artists like Bob Dylan, Elvis Costello, John Elton (along with many others) is important to acknowledge. You can actually go on YouTube and witness how influential they are. There is a cover of "That'll Be The Day" by The Quarrymen (this is actually the first song they ever recorded), which eventually became the Beatles. There is also a video of the Rolling Stones singing "Not Fade Away" (another one of Holly's songs) in 1964. They were one of the first groups to implement the guitar-bass-drum lineup and also wrote their own material (which would influence musicians like John Lennon and Paul McCartney to write their own songs). They're not really unknown, but they do seem to be highly underrated today in my opinion.

• Boston, The Cars and Van Halen are my favorite rock bands but there's still a debate between who was the better singer for Van Halen. It was either David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar! I think it was Sammy Hagar because he had the better voice!

Queen was also good but their lead singer was gay!

• who cares if their lead singer was gay?

• "Hey I was just a skinny lad
      Never knew no good from bad
      But I knew love before I left my nursery
      Left alone with big fat Fanny
      She was such a naughty nanny
      Heap big woman, you made a bad boy out of me"

it's very tongue and cheek. what other bands or music do you like?

• @madhatters4 I love country, pop, R&B, romantic, and any kind of Christian music.

I love the music of Sammy Hagar and early Taylor Swift.

• Hard to pick an underrated rock band but if I had to pick one it would probably be Switchfoot. They are my favorite rockband and were really popular during the mid 90's and early 2000's. Another band would be Breaking Benjamin as well.

• Dope or Hellyeah.

• pantera is my favorite band of all time

• The Ramones

• Metallica, i guess

• The Cars or Styx

• Tool.

• Kensington.

• Styx & they only got a bad rap because most critics are cynical assholes.

• It just depends on what people think I'm not sure who would be underrated in rock

• They're more metal than rock, but Symphony X. Prog metal isn't that heavy, anyway.

• Car seat headrest maybe

• Jhonnie rebel and their song alabama something.