Guys (or girls) what do you think of romance/dramedy movies?

Or what do you think when a girl likes them? In no way is anyone's response going to change my viewpoint on them, I'm just curious. I used to think the stupid cheesy love movies my mom would watch are stupid, and the ones she watches sometimes really are, but sometimes I find some cheesy ones that are all lovey-dovey, but still really good. Most recently I've watched I've watched Titanic & Letters to Juliet for the first time. Titanic is so much more than just a love story, lemme tell ya, the soundtrack and suspense is great, even though everyone already knows the Titanic sank. And Letters to Juliet is honestly so adorable like ahh, I feel all girly when I think about it tbh.

What's your opinion on dramedies/dramas/romance movies? Any suggestions? Guys, do you think girls who watch them are silly and naive, cute, normal, or what? And do you secretly like them too? Or not so secretly? I'm just curious to know. πŸ˜‚

36

Most Helpful Guy

• I sometimes enjoy them as cheesy fantasy, but I feel like they teach impressionable young people very unrealistic, ultra-idealistic ideas about how opposites attract and fall in love. The ones who can separate fantasy from reality here are well off, but sometimes I see hopeless romantics who didn't realize that they were watching completely fantasy.

I think it's what creates young guys who tend to creep girls out, like the ones who write her a love poem before even asking her out. The only place I can think of where they could get such an idea that this is a good move and not an incredibly risky one that's bound to creep people out is from all these romantic films and stories.

• Like some radical feminists are attacking the video game industry thinking it creates delinquent behavior in impressionable young boys. I think far more dangerous media is actually the Hollywood romance film on impressionable young boys.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like to watch them when i want something light to watch rather than something that requires effort to understand. When i feel sorry for myself these are usually what i watch. Sure the plot is predictable and the acting isn't always great but they're cute and they make you feel happy.

• Yeah, I like really good movies too, but sometimes you just need one ya know?

• True. Yeah, now that you mentioned it, I'm always in a certain "mood" when I can actually watch them and enjoy them πŸ˜‚

• YeahπŸ˜‚ same

What Guys Said 5

• Love them. Those genres are among my favourites. :)

• What are some of your favorites?

• I'd say so. Especially if you like Sandra Bullock. My dad was actually the one who showed it to me, and he kept smiling throughout it. Usually he makes fun f my mom for watching those movies, so it was pretty great. πŸ˜‚

• I'll be sure to remember it for sometime then, perhaps the next time my girlfriend and I has movie night. :)

• some of the dumbest movies i've ever seen, the only movie i've ever liked that was a romance was love and basketball but its only because sanaa lathan was super hot in it lol

• They can be anything from really good to really bad, so some I like a lot others not so much.

• They suck.

• Hate both with a passion.

• Hah, how come? Too cheesy? Fake? When I was younger I thought the same thing – except for about Disney princess movies, those were the real deal. πŸ˜‚

• Hah, I actually cried during Titanic, when the musicians went back to play together before the total wave killed em all. I laughed when that guy jumped off the back end and hit the propeller though. I feel bad, but I'm laughing just thinking about it.

• You laughed. Haha! That's awesome!

What Girls Said 2

• Love em, just watched November Rule

• I've ever heard of that one,, what's it about?

• Watch the trailer, the ending was really cute

• I will πŸ™ƒ I feel like my favourite parts of all the movies is usually the moment when you actually realize the guy/girl falls in love with the other person. It's so funny how it happens, one second you hate them, or don't know them, or are neutral, and the next you're in love

• I love romantic movies!!!