I am a writer, and I've been working on a series. There are some things I find more difficult to write than others. What is more difficult for you?

I find some scenes more difficult to write than others and I don't know why that is. Maybe I over think it, but I'm just curious for those of you that do you write, what are some of your challenges and how do you push through writers block?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just wait for inspiration. It will come. (:

• I know. I'm just like stuck! I've written like 270 pages, but stuggling now

• Be patient young grasshopper

Most Helpful Girl

• I find writing in genres I don't normally write more difficult. I guess that's because I don't have much experience writing them. If I get writers block I take a break for a bit and then go back to what I was working on or I will write a short piece unrelated to what I'm currently working on

• I've done that. Experience isn't really required. I think you just need to believe you can do it

• Yeah I guess, I'm going to start practicing writing fantasy because my fiancĂ© wants me to write the story for a game he wants to make lol. I'm also doing courses to improve on my writing skills

• Reading is probably the best course you can take in my opinion. I go to the library and just read to get a fell for things.

What Guys Said 4

• I find it difficult to adhere to the amount of space i a lot to certain topics/events. I end up writing a whole page on an insignificant detail and barely a few lines on a more significant one.

I eat to take my mind off and then retry focusing on it.

• Good writers operate as a team. So that they get varied thoughts and feedback of how to proceed.

• I've done pretty well so far and I've acquired about 290 pages. The writers block have subsided, but bringing someone in now would be crazy LOL. They would having a lot of catching up to do.

• You don't need to bring anyone on all thoughts , but you can a lot them specific topics that are difficult to handle. Example if you have some difficulty to express your plot about how stock market operates , then you will have to get someone who can help you on that matter. If you want to write something on drug lords , you will have to take feed back from some experts on this subject. No one can operate from a vacuum at all times. A little bit of help can do wonders. That's what I have to say.

• I agree

• right about me

• the legand of tiger

• He's just a warrior from early 1200's finding his way in a modern world.

• ... hmmm ok how about a young boy who was born on the same day that Hitler died..

• Write about love, war, thrilled romance

What Girls Said 2

• 10/10 can confirm that op's struggle is real.

sometimes, just feeling like you *have* to write is the hardest part. staring down that blank page and being like, "wait, so i'm supposed to fill that? like, with words and stuff?"

if i'm sick or stressed out, i can't write. i once had writers' block for almost 3 years, and the only real solution was to just let it pass. you can't force great writing: it just is.

when i have trouble writing a scene, i listen to music until i find a song that fits what i'm writing and use it for inspiration.

• Yes! I've written and entire chapter solely from inspiration from one song. I find that some songs circle what I'm writing and I just type type type until that chapter is finished.

• Having ideas, but not the time to put it on paper. Loosing all confidence once I've written 3 chapters :/

But if you mean the act of it. Hmm, I dunno. I'm a reasonably good writer. I know that. (Never gotten any lower than 6 on these past 3 years). There isn't much I find rather difficult, I just lose all confidence if I can't find the word, or synonym I'm looking for. I need it to be perfect. So sometimes I just stop writing because I'm missing that fulfilling word, that would just complete the whole sentence, and it will stay in my head for the rest of my day. Taunting me.

• I feel you there, but don't let it stop you! Just highlight the word and come back to it. Push through it and just go back.