Fallout Fans, Which Faction in the game if you had to pick would be the guys you'd join with?

Me, I'm an NCR guy.
Heroic post-apocalyptic Cowboys and Frontier soldiers fighting an evil empire while practicing democracy, the rule of law, and freedom of speech in a post nuclear setting is an all new level of badass.

• New California Republic
    30%(3)31%(12)Vote31%(9)
  • Brotherhood of Steel
    10%(1)15%(6)Vote17%(5)
  • Caesers Legion (WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!)
    10%(1)10%(4)Vote10%(3)
  • The Enclave (AGAIN, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU)
    0%(0)10%(4)Vote14%(4)
  • The Kings
    0%(0)3%(1)Vote3%(1)
  • The Minutemen
    30%(3)18%(7)Vote14%(4)
  • The institute
    20%(2)13%(5)Vote11%(3)

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend not to really tie myself to a faction. The minutemen i guess was my thing for Fallout 4.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol I started playing new Vegas last week. This game has me hooked.

What Girls Said 4

• what, no railroad? lol.

didn't join any factions in my fallout 3 playthrough (yet); in fallout 4, somehow made it to level 75 on my first playthrough while maintaining peace between the railroad, the brotherhood, and the minutemen.

except preston. fuck preston.
    (mark this on your map, you little shit!)

img.ifcdn.com/.../...67187654a895a35bb6ed492_1.jpg

• My canon play through was with the Independent but i'm all for House or the Enclave. The Enclave are the real good guys who had to means to restore the wasteland. Its a shame you can't join them. House is a strong second for me.

I don't really dig the fallout 4 factions as much as the New Vegas factions.

• Emo female gamer yes you're bisexual

• Ikr? If you could just give colonel autumn the code and he not kill you it'd be the best ending. He'd turn on the purifier without the fev virus and problem solved.

• i never pick yes man. At the end he tells you he's going to remove his agreeable programming! It's a robotic takeover!

Plus in new vegas it doesn't matter, the tunnelers are still coming and Ulysses can't hold them off forever even if you get the good ending to lonesome road.

Fallout 4 I've only done the brotherhood play through so far, I do too much screwing around so it's taking me ages.

• In fo3 I always go with BOS, just cause I don't support the enclave, In NV I go with Yes man, In 4 I'm with the Railroad.

What Guys Said 17

• NCR or Enclave, and here’s why (some spoilers ahead)

The world needs to be rebuilt. It is just waiting for it to happen. However, it needs strong rulers to enforce law and order so that the rest of the population can get on with farming, building and repairing without fear of attack.

The NCR managed to establish itself precisely because the threat from criminal gangs and to their food sources was removed by the Vault Dweller. Now they have a standing army, police force, factories, farms, transportation networks of trucks and trains. They have essentially rebuilt the world in California and they have the resources and need to expand and with them comes civilization. Did you notice how few walled settlements there were in the Mojave thanks to their stabilizing influence, compared to virtually every other location in the series? I definitely sided with them in New Vegas.

So, the Enclave. The Enclave is unquestionably the most advanced faction in the world. They are essentially untouchable. You notice that everyone in the Capital Wasteland huddles in fortified towns. The Brotherhood, for Lyons’ claims that they are helping, are not. They sit inside the Citadel while people are being kidnapped and eaten or dipped by Super Mutants right on their doorstep, others are being enslaved and fitted with collars and sold like cattle. The Enclave realises Project Purity could be the turning point for this wretched area, and decide the time has come to show force. They accomplish more in a few weeks than the Brotherhood has done in years. Checkpoints everywhere, regular patrols, killing the hostile wildlife, mutants and gangs left right and centre. I really didn’t care for being railroaded into helping the Brotherhood, so I inserted the FEV into Project Purity and, in Broken Steel, used the orbital bombardment on the Citadel, not the Enclave Crawler.

To touch on the other ones:
    The Legion won’t last. Even Caesar knows this, and securing New Vegas is a long shot at giving them some kind of long term viability.

The Kings are just a street gang. They don’t have the numbers or resources to go much beyond that.

The Minutemen are pathetic. They likewise lack the numbers or resources to have any kind of lasting impact on the wellbeing of the Commonwealth.

The Institute are who I sided with in Fallout 4, because they, again, have the resources to rebuild the world.

• Enclave united

You understand

In FO3 the BoS did more harm than good. Their plan was to wage an endless war of attrition against the super mutants (which they couldn't win). They used the most advanced piece of military hardware they had (prime) to wage a pointless war against the Enclave and after all of that they abandoned project purity

The capital wasteland became the wasteland, BoS ruined everything

I'm sure the enclave would've built a civilization in/around the capital. Enclave did nothing wrong, BoS had plot armour

• That even extends to FNV. when it comes to helios one the BoS was basically doing the same thing. They didn't even know what it was and if they found out its true nature then they probably would've activated Archimedes and used it to attack the NCR and legion

It's kinda ironic how the the followers of the apocalypse (with gannon) want to distribute the energy. And that in FO3 enclave are 'bad' because they abduct people but the BoS does the same thing in FNV

If the enclave were around then they would've been able to restore helios one to full working order.

"The Enclave will restore peace, order, and prosperity to this great nation. And those who oppose us will be… removed. Forever" - John Henry Eden

• @DooMguy The BoS' strategy worked early on, as the world was reeling from the aftermath and they kept themselves hidden because their numbers were too small to do much else.

Now that there are other, well-equipped and more numerous factions, they are no longer relevant. They even went to war with the NCR over it but couldn't win. Could explain why they're out East throwing their weight around there while they still can.

• Fucking Nords will ruin everything. Skyrim is part of the Empire!

• Skyrim belongs to the nords!!!

• @Mzhyde19 They'll just wait until he dies of old age or suffers from eating too much cheese in one sitting.

• lol legendary constipation

• vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest
    Just kidding, I actually choose the NCR because they are named after the state where I was born and live in.
    However the followers seem to be the most rational group our of all of them.

• This is your President, John...

Enclave FTW!

• I know nothing about this game, but I want to join Caesars Legion, because the NCR can't un-pillage you lmao

• They practice Slavery, Crucifixition, women are considered baby factories, they approve of rape, etcera. Their Arch Enemies are the NCR

• They also prefer melee weapons while their Enemies the NCR who practice democracy, freedom of speech, religion, and the rule of law, have a cowboy feel and use guns, generally anything from lever action rifles and revolvers to semi-automatic pistols and machine guns.
      Whereas the Legion relies on savagery and numbers and only higher tier soldiers use guns, lower tier soldiers use spears as ranged weapons

• yup, Legion sounds like the way to go lol

• I've always picked the option that allows me to do the most good and help as many people as I can. But that changes from game to game.

Fallout 3? BoS
    New Vegas? NCR
    Fallout 4? I'm undecided between the Institute and the Minutemen

& Also I've always done walk through of other options just to see what it's like.

• I always pick completely neutral or on my first playthrough of New Vegas I picked Caesar's Legion.
    So what? It's a video game: there's nothing wrong with murder and pillaging!

• And slavery, and rape, and crucifixion, but yeah I know. Sometimes I just kill everyone😊

• I have theory with the 3 latest Fallout games, from 3 to 4 including New Vegas

the good guys, are those in the first faction you meet

Fallout 3: BoS
    New Vegas: NCR
    Fallout 4: Minute men

• Yeah I'm with you lawful good.

• Lawful good. The minute men. If society ever fell men with my skills would be in demand. Probably would set myself up like an early Mormon not with the religion but the extra wives lol

• I stand with the Brotherhood of Steel.

• Why no me house option? He seems to be the best choice for pure survival

• Brotherhood of steel. Plus latest fallout games suck. Too easy. I liked fallout 2. Hard as fk.

• don't use power armor, focus on sniper/pistol/stealth build character

done... games becomes a pain in the ass

• @meatballs21 still took many tryouts. Plus i never got the gauss/Parmor like the other guy said as its pretty easy then.

• Have you tried yolo rules? It's almost impossible.

• I've done them all

• I'd like to pick one but they all have so many conflicts with my style.

• Thinking further on it i like the ncr, the brotherhood of steel, and the minutemen but the ncr only helps people who join it. The minutemen is a one man army because you know Preston would just hide somewhere if the sole survivor fell in battle and the brotherhood of steel hate ghouls and synths which makes it difficult to choose them because of my favorite companions
      I prefer the detective and cowboy play style with a pinch of good natured rascal

• Brotherhood of Steal of course.

• brotherhood of steel: danse, maxson, whoever else is on the hindenbu- uh, the prydwen.

brotherhood of 'steal'=cait, maccready, and deacon... much more fun; sounds like my kind of faction lol.

• @vonasaurus Thank you for correcting my poor spelling and a clever play on words. Both would be fun.

• you're welcome~ and yes, they would be. :)