Kong will be 100 feet tall in Kong: Skull Island... What?

So he's 4 times as big as the 2005 and the original 1933 versions and twice as big as the one in the 70s.

The movie is coming out on March 10th. There's a Godzilla vs. Kong film coming out in 2020 so I knew they'd do something to make it even, but he's still a lot smaller than Godzilla who was 350 feet in the 2014 version.

This isn't the largest version of Kong on the big screen, though. I'd say the one in Toho's 1962 King Kong vs. Godzilla was at least 140 feet tall. For comparison, Godzilla was 160 feet back then. I guess it makes sense that they had to make him bigger so he could fight Godzilla. It was also the first time either of them appeared in color

Kong also did have powers in this movie. He could get stronger by absorbing electricity and also give out electricity from his body. In their first confrontation, Kong gets scared and runs away when he realizes he can't keep up with Godzilla's atomic breath. Even in their final battle, Kong was getting his ass kicked and was almost killed until there was a thunderstorm. He absorbs the lightning and gains the upper hand. He also electrocuted Godzilla a bunch of times.

Kong ended up winning because of this, but Godzilla was nerfed quite a bit and hardly had any screen time. I guess it's because the Japanese audiences weren't familiar with King Kong, so they made the movie about him. They also spent quite some time introducing him.

I'm excited about the 2020 movie mainly because of the cast. It has Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, and Samuel L Jackson... I doubt if it'll be as good as the 2005 version though. Peter Jackson is a genius.

• Too big
  • Bigger Kong? Fuck yeah!
  • Not a fan of King Kong
    Vote C
  • Even with that size, how is he going to take on Godzilla?
    Vote D
  • Wait... Kong can give out electricity?
    Vote E
Select a gender to cast your vote:

423

Most Helpful Guy

• well he needs to be big to fight the G-man

Most Helpful Girl

• It makes sense that he'd have to be huge to take on Godzilla. It will be fun to see what craziness the writers come up with.

What Guys Said 22

• Is this a reboot?

• Yeah it's a reboot of the King Kong series. But it's part of the same film series that the 2014 Godzilla is. Godzilla 2 is coming out in 2019 and Godzilla vs. Kong in 2020

• I didn't expect them to make more of these for a while. I do know that a movie about Han Solo is suppose to come out next year and Indiana Jones 5 in 2019.

• I knew about Han Solo but didn't know about another Indiana Jones. I'll have to look into that

• Thanks for giving the movie away, I knew I shouldn't have come in here but I did and you gave it away

• You're welcome :P

• Yeah they're probably gonna team up eventually. Legendary also got the rights to the other monsters from the Godzilla series like Mothra, Ghidorah, and Rodan. Also, Monarch is confirmed to be in every movie (similar to how SHIELD has a major role in the MCU)

• Damn it Marvel xD everything is a shared universe now. Even universal I think is making its own monster movie team up.

• I don't like the idea, they diverged too far away from the original. I like both King Kong and Godzilla, but I don't like over-exaggeration.

• These monster flicks are that part of scifi I could never get behind or understand. The suspension of disbelief is just not there - how the fuck do they not die under their own massive weight?

• It's fiction. It's not supposed to make much sense.

There have been creatures almost as big as the new Kong that have existed before though. And Godzilla actually has super strength even for his relative size. He also has enhanced durability and can heal instantly from any damage.

• Godzilla hasn't always been so big though. It only happened after he absorbed all of that radiation and his body went through a lot of changes.

And Kong has only been like 25 feet in most versions. They may or may not explain why he's so big in this version. Either way, it doesn't bother me much

• To each their own.

• Godzilla will roast Kong.

• I dont really care. Wanna know why...

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...1e3ac9077d.jpg

• spiderman can end superman and batman with one hand tied behind his back.

• @applesandoranges22 what is a web going to do to Superman?

• spidy used to take supermans lunch money, and batman has a bad gambling problem. spiderman would destroy baby kong birdboy and supergirl at once

• Too big.

I like my sci fi to be plausible, at least. No way could an island ecosystem support all those giant monsters.

• Size isn't gonna determine if this movie sucks. It's the crappy director and cast that will make it suck.

• Im excited for the movie... well... how do i put this... like godzilla (and every dc movie in the new dc film universe or what ever they call it) the trailer looks awesome... but like the movies i just said the actual movie itself will prob suck
    Ill still go see it and yea godzilla vs kong will be cool and fun
    I guess since he's a gorilla they scaled him to try and make them equal in strength? I don't know
    We need a project nemisis movie or netflix series its the kaiju cinema we deserve!

• It means that he's still gonna be outsized by the colossal titan

• The best King Kong story comes from that video game that came out in 2005. Anybody who played it knows what Im talking about. After playing the game, the movie from 2005 (upon which the game was based) was a huge disappointnent

• I loved that game!! I used to stick to flame spears most of the times XD

But I enjoyed the movie. Yeah it might have been disappointing if you played the game first, but I still think it's the best live action adaptation

• I did play the game first, so I am orobably a bit subjective there. But still, the game is awesome, and I wish they made a full movie based on that game. Because the game contains much more action, monsters, beautiful landscapes, scary moments etc etc. To me personally it feels a lot more complete, as a story

• Eh no surprise, they made Godzilla 300 feet in the last one. Apparently bigger monster = bigger box office take (even though I stopped going to theaters in the 1990's).

• King Kong vs Godzilla again?
    After the monstrosity that was Batman vs Superman, I'll never see a movie with a "vs" in the title ever again.

• I kinda feel the same way, but not all "vs" movies have been terrible. There have been some really good ones in the past

• Such as? Sorry, can't remember any.

• it doesn't matter because spiderman can still kill him

• And how is he going to do that?

• Kong has broken through metal cages, so I'm pretty sure webs aren't going to do much to him

• oh so you gave king kong a nickname huh? you just call him kong now? I have a feeling that you may be that lady who he was climbing that tower thingy with. of course your baby kong would win against spidy im rolling my eyes.

• you probably can guess my opinion on this and only invited me for a free push in the feed lmao

• Why does he take a woman who's the size of his Dick?

• Great, now I can poop peacefully.

• He needs to be big enough to godzilla and Kaiju

• please be a good movie please be a good movie please be a good movie please be a good movie pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee don't suck. *crosses fingers*

What Girls Said 3

• Electricity, seriously? That's a bit unrealistic for an ape, only several species of fish have electric glands.

• Even that size is not enough for Kong to go against Godzilla.

• WTF, I never thought I'm gonna say this, but that's too big :P