What are your personal favorite FPS (First Person Shooter) video games that you love?

My favorite FPS games are: DOOM, Wolfenstein, & 007 games from the N64 & PS2 consoles.

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

• Honestly Borderlands 2 is the only one I've even been mildly successful at, so that's gotta be my favorite I guess lol. FPS just isn't my calling.

• That sounds great. I've heard a Borderlands a couple of times & also heard that it was a perfect game. I'm a really big fan of FPS games.

• I don't really like FPS games, I prefer RPG, simulation and graphic novels

• That's good to know because everyone has their favorites & that ok by me.

• Call of duty ❤️

• Left 4 dead 2, BioShock, Call of duty..

• Those 3 games are perfect choices in my opinion especially Left 4 Dead 2. Because it's fun to kill off a lot of zombies and save the day and ourselves in the process.

• I would say Assassin's Creed is the beat game ever but it's not in first person so.. xD I know LFD2 is so cool I love even the soundtrack because it interacts depending on the type of zombie you're killing ^-^

• That's one great explanation about this.

• Haven't played any, but Battlefield 1942.

• I truly love the sound of that. The battlefield series has been a really strong one.

What Guys Said 9

• The Half-Life series, especially the first one released way back in 1998. I still have fond memories of it. To me, no other fps comes close!

• That sounds extremely perfect. I've seen videos of that & it was tight.

• Yeah, it was an excellent game for it's time. Groundbreaking. I remember playing it on my old Pentium 2 system, as a 13 year old!

• That sounds like a really blasting memory. I'm glad to have those type of memories too.

• Original Deus Ex (2000) -- somewhat nostalgic.

cf.shacknews.com/.../deus_ex_ss1_20674.jpg

• Think the soundtrack also helped make it stand out:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBPK_oXeJgA

• A whole lot of PC game love those type of games so much that they would always consider games like: X-Com; Deus Ex; Halo; Half Life & other games the best of all time.

• Ever play Quest for Glory series?

www.falselogic.net/images/QFG3/Chapter1/img046.png

... adventure series -- one of the ones I personally consider among the best, but adventure genre wasn't so popular.

• The only one I've played a lot was Combat Arms. I'm not much of a gamer, but that's probably the game I'm most skilled at.

• That's really good to know. Because there's not much games that I play these days neither but I try my best to have as much fun as I can.

• Yeah a lot of people miss out on a lot of fun in video games when they have something that you don't have & it feels like you're being left out. It's just like being the odd man out most of the time from anything and others are just having a big blast. Xbox Live is a whole lot of fun for everyone who's into special competitive multiplayer fun.

• Yeah I miss playing Battlefront 2 on the PS2 with couch co-op. Splitscreen/couch co-op barely exists anymore though...

• Halo number 1 followed by overwatch, and i think i gotta say call of duty. Even tho the games arnt as good anymore I've still bought every single one...

• I like the sound of that. I do remember how perfect most of the FPS games were back then & how great the stories on them were. I just wish that those games had the same excellent gameplay & story as they did years ago.

• When i say halo i mean the entire series is my number one pick for overall fav fps
      I don't know why people dont like halo 5 in my opinion its the best or second best behind halo 3
      But no denying cod is old
      Gears is third person the mechanics are old but i love the story
      The gears trilogy is prob my fav xbox 360 series

• Yep, a whole lot of people enjoy the Halo, COD, & the Gears Of War franchises all around together because I hear that multiplayer in those games are extremely popular & fun. And all of that entertainment is still going around in the video game industry today.

• Left for dead

• Oh yeah, I remember that game. Shooting up zombies is one of the best things I love to do in a video game.

• Half Life <3 <3 <3
    Resistance 3.
    Black.
    Medal of Honor.

• Halflife, Doom, quake, oblivion, Skyrim, fallout. All on PC

• That's one heck of a special list of games that you have there. They all look really good & they're perfectly challenging in many different ways.

• I love 1st person shooters 'uber alleys' but a special shootout to defense grid. That's a fun and addictive game

• Counter Strike.

• Halo or alien isolation