Have you ever been in a class where you felt you had no idea what you were doing and were basically winging it?

Like you felt lost in the class, were just half assing everything, and winging/bullshitting everything?

How'd it go? Did you stay in it? Did you fail or did you pass?

• Yes, I failed it.
    14%(2)15%(7)Vote16%(5)
  • Yes, I passed it.
    71%(10)67%(31)Vote66%(21)
  • Yes, and I dropped that stupid class.
    7%(1)7%(3)Vote6%(2)
  • Nope, I understood all my class 🎓📚
    8%(1)11%(5)Vote12%(4)
This is making me feel way better now... I don't feel so alone anymore! Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a U. S. government professor who was a raging egomaniac and tended to fail over half his students. His way of teaching was so confusing and we didn't have a normal kind of textbook.

Instead we had dozens of books to read from the Federalist Papers to books by Chomsky, and that was just starting out. He kept assigning new reading material over the semester and the list kept expanding and expanding.

I was so lost initially but just ended up studying day and night. I carried canisters of coffee to keep me from falling asleep since I had often gone 5+ days without an hour of sleep. Some of the books covered such advanced topics related to politics that went over my head so I ended up reading books that weren't even assigned reading material to help me bit a large enough body of knowledge to decipher what I was reading. That one course took 10 times more studying than any other.

I managed somehow to improvise my way to acing the final exam and the course in spite of feeling so lost the entire time (not just lost but also so dazed and confused and caffeinated out of my mind). Because so many students were doing poorly, he had a policy that he would curve everyone's final exam score so that the highest score would be a 100%.

By some miracle I got a 98% but I busted the curve for the entire class. The second-highest score was a 52%. Instead of a 48-point curve he ended up only giving a 2-point curve as a result of my exam score. That didn't exactly make me popular with the rest of students, and that course ended up with almost the entire class failing. I was the only one that miraculously aced it somehow. He wanted to recruit me to the political science department afterwards but I wanted none of that ever again.

• [...] assigned reading material to help me bit [/build] a large enough body of knowledge to decipher what I was reading [...]

• The one course was so miserable and exhausting. I actually had nightmares about it for years later about failing the course. After I finally got through the course and finished that final exam, I drove back home and fell asleep behind the wheel and went off road and crashed into a tree. :-D

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• YES!
    Any class related to Math and Physic. I am LOST as hell!! i am not talented in math by any means. But i passed my classes whatsoever with so much practice and pushing my limits to focus and understand as much as i can.

Story of my life.
    http://i.imgur.com/6k3rohv.gif

bestanimations.com/.../...animated-gif-image-2.gif

And sometimes when things are complicated. Before the class i used to be like:
    media2.giphy.com/media/jUwpNzg9IcyrK/200.gif#2

• You just described my entire university career

i2.kym-cdn.com/.../fa5.jpg

• I studied in a stupid university, in a country where technical education is usually abysmal, and only rote memorisation is needed to score great grades (which is my home country, not the country I currently stay in).

So almost every class for me was the way you describe here! :P

• Every algebra class I have taken. My college teachers don't even care if they lose half the class and fail them. My last class had a 80% fail rate.

• Algebra, kinda got by fiddling around with it until shit added up 😂

• I usually did well at school so I voted B but... accounting for example was not my thing, same is true for physics and chemistry. So year I suffered during those courses :-(

• A little bit at first with my personal training haha it was a lot more um complex and in depth then I first thought but after I got the hang of it, I didn't need to.

• given you're age, you're probably at college too
    happened and still happens to me too...
    however this can be a big issue nonetheless, depending of the extend of it, and the importance of the classes it touches

• B. The course was on Kant's Critique of Pure Reason.
    There was also a theology class on the doctrine of the trinity, but I've since figured that one out so it doesn't really count.

• 1|0
  • That was the story for atmospheric thermodynamics. I had no idea what was going on it was just a bunch of symbols. I ended up with a B so it wasn't too bad

• Glad your feeling better. Tough classes happen every once and awhile. What class are you having trouble with? I'm just curious

• Anthropology is a problem for me right now

• Yes a region class. Only B in ever got in college but was soo excited to get a B😂

• All of them. I spent college getting high & chasing girls. Damn I miss college.

• My entire highschool career was winging it. I should not have graduated.. LMAO. 😂

• Yes most of my life as I'm dyslexic.

• thats my whole life, because i was born a dyslexic

• Not really. I was really good at school.

• Yeah and I'm in one at this very moment 😕

• Teachers suck these days it's seriously one of the laziest jobs.

• yeah lol, I had no choice but to stay, and I did pass

• Haha I guess that has happened to anyone, me included :D

• Yep. High school physics and my current anatomy & physiology class somewhat.

• History and Geography.. It was like bouncing everytime for me but I passed that hehehehe...

• Yeah I was in a class like that but luckily I passed it with an A-

• All the time

• Yes haha☺💕

• yeah, i failed it, and wound up taking it in summer school. got a b

What Girls Said 6

• Yup
    I for a B
    But grade was c minus at first I think
    It was the first time I had taken a foreign language. Everyone else seemed to catch up fast but I was slow.

• yes math class

• Yes lol can't remember if I passed or not

• physics. I hate it

• Yes, French... I had absolutely no idea what was going on and I don't know how I passed.

• Yup! Just ignore the others and do you own thing. It's your life, do what you want