Am I the only one who notices a pattern when it comes to the 50 Shades Series?

I have noticed the majority of my facebook friends who are into the movie are: Married, with kids, conservative soccer mom types. Not saying that is everyone who likes it but I have noticed that is the biggest majority on my facebook feed. Is that true for anyone else\ or does anyone else notice this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I never paid attention but that's interesting

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. One lady that is friends with my parents is really into it. She's also a leader of a church group lmao. And back in high school the girls that seemed really into it came from pretty conservative Christian families. When I heard them talking about going to see it I was shocked haha

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 15

• I see a trend with moms too, which is sad, not because of the sex, but because it's such a stupid series that's poorly written, and the movies look like blah with a bad script and acting (or characters you just can't get into)

• Well, I think that's because the books are quite "imature" and innocent? Anyway, who is actually a "freak" in bed or really enjoys experimenting wouldn't find the book very appealing. Especially since the books are quite offencive to the BDSM community. Because it portraits us as damage people who just need the right person to make us enjoy boring sex. Besides, the main character doesn't even enjoy it, she just does it because she is insecure and needy. And I really find it offencive, since I'm a submissive, and I do it because I adore the feeling of letting go of control. So yeah, this book was made for people who are bored of their sex lives but are too vanilla to try anything that is actually edgy. Sorry for my rant, but that book is offencive to me.

• My old roommate who was 20 something at the time and single loves it. I think a variety of women like it but the soccer moms get bashed for it the most.

• nah i hadn't noticed.

• I haven't noticed that lol

• Well, in my feed, people who like the 50 Shades series are mostly teenagers who dream on finding their own Christian Grey. Pathetic.

• Nah lots of people notice it it's mommy porn but it's funny so I read it once too

• That's pretty accurate. It's called mommy porn for a reason

• I haven't watched it or watched the movie Becos to me it be borin.. it's somethin to spice up borin people's sex lives... sex is about usin the imagination nobody needs a book or film for that..

• I have noticed alsoπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Read the first book it was very bad the story line and everything πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

• Yeah that's really accurate.

• yes haha mostly cause they think seeing the movie will spice up their sec life

• I don't have Facebook and I don't see anyone talking about it on my Instagram feed, which is a bunch of teens so I don't know.

• no I didn't notice

• Never noticed it

What Guys Said 6

• Its a terrible movie and the next one will likely be shit too..., I will be going to see it for professional research but... but... its for people who have boring lives that want a fantasy... The romance novel industry is a billion dollar juggernaut for this reason... it provides fantasy... doesn't mean its an oscar winning film !

• Well it's definitely interesting who fantasizes about being in an abusive relationship as if it were somehow romantic.

• That's why it's called mommy porn. It's just one of those erotic novels that make people feel uncomfortable going into book section in stores.

• Yes, those chicks are desperate for something interesting or exciting to happen in their lives.

• Nah all my exes were crazy for it.

• hell no because 50 gay shades is pathetic for people who are not fun to begin with. who needs a book for that crap.