Have you seen any of the movies nominated this year for the Oscars?

If you have, did you like the movie or not?

I have seen 3 so far, Fences, Hidden Figures and La La Land. The first 2 they were inspiring stories but the third one, was a total meh, not very good at all ! Captain America, Civil War was much a better movie!! lol!! I dont believe it has 14 nominations, thath movie can't be compared to Ben Hur or Lord of the Rings for God sake! It is a boring movie, not really a musical, the main actors hardly sang, just a few times in order to make it a musical. The Miserables was much better movie! It is a movie was practically made on some Hollywood studio, where is the big cinematography,? That is no effort to make a movie worthy of an award Last year winner The Revenant, that was a good movie!! The director went through a lot of sacrifice and effort to make that movie very believable, they travelled to another country, all the effort the production had to endure to go to other country to shot there under very cold conditions, and La La Land, where is the effort made by the director? It is a movie done practically in a studio!! Emma Stone was much better in "The Help!! and the ending¡¡¡ Ohh gimme me a break!!

What Guys Said 1

• fences was a good fucking movie. saw it a couple days ago, i was the only 1 in the theater.

What Girls Said 2

• I just saw Manchester by the Sea and I loved it. I haven't seen any of those 3 you mentioned but I want to. I heard they were good. Some people didn't like Manchester because it was depressing and I heard Moonlight was depressing too but I think those movies are more relatable of what people go through nowadays. I haven't seen La La Land and I know people are probably rooting for that to win against all the others. But I guess I'm more into the real world stories than the fantasy ones like La La Land. I have nothing against La La Land, I do want to see it. But I'm guessing people probably like it more cause it's a fantasy and a happy movie to escape to. And some people like to escape to that, which there is nothing wrong with that at all. I love movies that make me happy and can make me dream to one day living my dream. I guess to me sometimes people don't get the happy ending that they wanted and are faced with bigger challenges in life.

Anyways, I work in the video industry so I critique movies and like the different ones they come out with. Movies like Nocturnal Animals and Eyes Wide Shut that really make you think and create your own theory, those are the good ones. Really opens the mind up haha But I'm really rooting for movies like Hidden Figures and Manchester to win. That's just my opinion.

• nup haven't seen any, was gunna see la la land but never really bought tickets for it whenever im there , always ended up seeing something else ahaha