When listening to music do you usually stick to one genre or listen to multiple?

I personally mix it up between Country, Pop, Rock, and some Classical. I like a good mixture to broaden horizons. Im the kinda person that can go from Katy Perry to Johnny Cash to Bach to Ray Charles To AC/DC in just a couple songs.

0|1
22|14

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on my mood. Sometimes when Im driving, I have siri play music from my whole library which is a pretty good mixture. but if I'm at home or at the gym i'll be more specific in the genre or artist I play. sometimes I keep siri busy and just tell her to play a specific song and another specific song so on and so forth after each song plays...

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I listen all kinds of style from death metal to classical music, rap, techno and edm or hardcore and gabber and a lot more.

However I dont mix the listenning, I mean if I decide that I want ro listen classical I will shoot for the Goldberg variations for instance and stick to that. I will not switch from the aria to death metal just after lol

0|1
    0|0

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 21

• Metal, rock, alternative is what I listen to most commonly but I'll intermingle other genres.

0|3
    0|0
  • I like listening to different genres. But I tend to like the one and listen to that genre the most. I guess it also depends on my mood as well :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I've been mixing Radiohead and R&B/soul. Fabulous combination.

radiohead standards
    -all I need
    -street spirit
    -exit music

R&B/Soul
    -reasons-EWF
    -Isn't she lovely-Stevie Wonder
    -Would you mind-EWF

0|1
    0|0
  • I'll mix it up some days and then stick to one genre on other days. It just depends on my mood and what I feel like listening to.

0|1
    0|0
  • Interesting question! I thought I was weird for doing that. Yes, I mix genres. My taste in music is mixed, actually.

0|2
    0|0
  • I listen to almost everything, but mainly rock. The only thing that I can't stand and hate with a passion is electronic music, I think it's extremely horrible

0|1
    0|0
  • Multiple. My playlists aren't really based off of genre... they're... situational playlists.

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually put on a playlist on Spotify called Confidence Boost and that's just what I listen to all the time. It has a few different Genre's in it. Then every so often I'll switch around.

0|1
    0|0
  • it is up to my mood

0|1
    0|0
  • Dude I do the same thing I go from heavy metal to country.

0|2
    0|0
    • We would probably get along. What are you're faves from each?

• Show All
    • @Exterminatore Well you have great taste , Metallica is my most all time favorite I grow up listing to Metallica and it never gets old especially that song called master of puppets and nothing else matters.

• I love the whole... and Justice For All Album. The new one is awesome. My favorite song by them is Creeping Death.

• I have to keep my options open, mind expansion is imperative to my intellectual being. My main focus is rhythm and blues, 70s, 80s.

0|2
    0|0
  • rock and pop

0|1
    0|0
  • All kinds. I'm the same way as you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Multiple genres.

0|1
    0|0
  • I mix it up so much I might as well be a DJ

0|1
    0|0
  • I listen to almost everything. I don't like opera or old country.

0|0
    0|0
  • i literally will be listening to rap, then all of a sudden country.

0|2
    0|0
  • I listen to all genres.

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer jazz and classical music.

0|1
    0|0
  • Multiple. I'll listen to anything except country

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm the same way as you. I can go from Turkish music to Elvis Presley, no problem 😂

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• i like anything. chopin to biggie. the stones to bob marley. james brown to willie nelson.

the only thing i tend to stay away from is thrash metal and EDM

0|1
    0|0
  • Everything and anything. spent 3 hours last night watching guys play beats on garbage cans. lol I compose dubstep and edm

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on my mood. But I don't mix genres.

0|1
    0|0
  • I pretty much stick to rock and blues. Rock is pretty diverse in itself though, so I'm gonna say yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually bounce around all of the genres, too much good music to stick to just one genre!

0|1
    0|0
  • I listen all genres of music ( 70's, 80's, 90's , 50's , 60's )
    Carpenters, Johnny Cash, etc. I'm a big YouTube fan
    so i listen to all types of music.

0|1
    0|0
  • multiple now but used to just listen to one.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Everything from Sinatra to Slayer. Mostly Country, Metal and Punk.

0|1
    0|0
  • Multiple as long its good.

0|1
    0|0
  • Classical and metal.

0|1
    0|0
  • I only listen to classical and folk music.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like most music but i mostly just listen to my own band 😂 conceited i know haha

0|0
    0|0
  • all middle eastern, chalga, kucek etc.

0|0
    0|0