Why do people judge?

Do you judge someone based on anything? Like race, country, skin colour, sexual partners, relationships, etc. 😶

188

Most Helpful Girl

• They have nothing else better to do and it makes them feel good about themselves. I don't judge people because I don't have any place to be judging people. I'm not perfect and I'm not a saint. Nor do I have the time to judge people for anything. That's not what my purpose in life is to do. Only God can judge us (if your believe in him of course). And the ones that do already know this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do people judge people who judge people. Would you not judge someone for sucking off a dog? Prejudice is a natural instinct to trigger fight or flight. I judge everyone is that wrong I do not discriminate by race or sex. But if I say big black Faggot even if there a big black Faggot I'm wrong?

Sponsored

What Girls Said 17

What Guys Said 7

• It comes natural to us. When you call someone judgmental you, in a way you are judging them for their process of judging.

The word "judge" isn't inherently negative either. You can judge someone in a positive way, but obviously no one has any problems with that. They only have an issue if you start to form negative judgments about them.

So I guess we should only form positive opinions about everyone and everything they do. ¯\(◔‿◔)/¯

• I use to in my younger days till I met a great lesbian couple who hide the fact that they were partners out of social fear. They were both doctors and felt the need to hide this on holiday from people they bearly knew cause people jump to conclusions and judge based on little to no facts. They opened my eyes and so now I try not to judge unless you are part of the Government of South Africa..

• Perhaps you're confusing discernment with judgmental. Here's a psychology-today article that may help: www.psychologytoday.com/.../dont-be-judgmental-be-discerning

• Yeah I am thinking of it, people often see Teletubbies wtf.
    But they finally take them going around.
    So do not know they like it or dislike it. I mean it is weird about the change in it.
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-EsFDoYaeys/hqdefault.jpg

• I judge people if they are really fat but that's because they are clearly not able to control themselves and are unmotivated.

• those are all stereotypes you've proven the op's point

• lol you're young, you've never been fat before and you don't stand to gain anything by not being a self righteous idiot, so I guess there's no point explaining this to you. I'm guessing you spend weekends going around preaching to homeless people about how easy it is to get a job too huh?

• @joeby homeless people aren't fat anyway. I used to be kinda chubby like 22% bodyfat because I just used to eat pizza every other day. Now I just excercise everyday I'm actually eating about 3000 cals a day atm.

• I don't judge. I only judge people who likes to judge other people.

• Because making judgements is something the human brain is hard wired to do. There's a difference between making judgements/informed decisions and being a bigot. Some people would have you believe they're one in the same. These people are... slow.