White Lantern Kyle Rayner vs. Superboy Prime... Who would win?

So if you are not aware about what the white lantern ring can do, it has the combined power of the seven Light Based Corps (since white is technically a combination of all colors). It's powered by pretty much all your emotions.

In addition to the usual energy constructs and force fields, it can create wormholes, time travel, phase through objects, create pocket universes, and possibly break the fourth wall (although this hasn't been done as far as I'm aware). Its most notable ability is resurrection. Kyle used this to save millions of creatures across the universe using the white light.

Now Superboy Prime is an evil Superman from the Silver Age who did end up making his way into the post-crisis continuity. Silver Age Superman was already so ridiculously powerful that he could move planets and stars with his breath and also freeze them completely. He also had what fans refer to as the "power of bullshit" where he'd randomly pull a new power out of his ass.

Prime has all of Silver Age Superman's powers but maybe not as many feats. Even so, all of the Flashes (Jay, Wally, and Barry) admitted that he's much faster than any of them. His punches can alter reality and he once accidentally and unknowingly resurrected someone in a completely different universe.

I think Kyle has got this but I wanna see what other people have to say.

• This little bastard wins
  • No. This one

817

Most Helpful Guy

• White Lantern. God I want to read Geoff Johns' run with Green Lantern again.. Some of my favorite comics of all time.

Most Helpful Girl

• White lantern I think, Superboy Prime can't really control his emotion and it can play against him

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 16

• I'd wanna to give it to Kyle, simply because even the green lanterns themselves were able to contain Superboy Prime. However, he does have his suit which allowed him to harvest yellow sun energy from the red sun energy prison that he was jailed in. True, he does have rage and fear which may be used to power the abilities of Kyle Ranger's white ring, but it isn't enough to stop Superboy Prime. It isn't kryptonite. The only kryptonite that could stop prime is that if his own dimension, which was destroyed. Ranger could create a dimension simulator to Prime's home, but Prime can alter other dimensions with his fists. It isn't a sure way to contain him. I think, so long as his emotions don't keep him too tied down, superboy prime could defeat Kyle. After all, he can pull powers "out the ass" as some may say. Maybe he'll garner similar powers that the white ring provides.

• always so overpowered lol

• White Lantern. No contest if you ask me.

• Probably the White Lantern, he can power up on Superboy's intensive emotions like rage and hatred.

• Galactus shows up outta nowhere and eats the planet they were fighting on ending in a stalemate :P

• Well creating pocket Universes had me, so I would go with the entity of the "White" Lantern.. But it would be a pretty good fight..

• Probably Kyle would win

• Kyle

• Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet would be a better match from what I know about the White Lanterns.

• LOL 😂😂

• white lantern... gut feeling..

• depends on the comic writer

• deadpool

• deadpool 😛
    But seriously superboy prime

• Kyle Renner is a major pussy

• A liberal arts student against an evil superman? Bitch please.

• Neither is he a liberal arts student. He's also a lot better at being a White Lantern than the rest

• Still a pussy

What Girls Said 7

• I've never heard of them, in any comics, movies, tv shows or cartoons, I can only speculate, and I say Superboy, because he would fight dirty. White Lantern is most likely a "goody-goody".

• Well Kyle Rayner is kind of a rebel. He already has a Green Lantern ring but then got hold of yellow one, and not many people have been successful in combining them before. He then kept collecting more colors until he had all.

Also, the ring usually chooses you depending on your emotions. But in his case, he chose them.

• He created a white ring by combining green, yellow and the other colors? That's cunning :)

• There is a White Lantern? I've never heard of him, I know only about Green, Yellow, Red, Orange and Blue Lantern. Are there any other colors of lantern corps?

• Pretty much every color of the rainbow. So in addition to the ones you mentioned, there's also violet and indigo.

Then there's also white and black. White Lanterns have the combined powers of all of the other colors and are powered by all emotions. They're powered by life itself. Black Lanterns are powered by death. They can control dead people and their goal is to remove all emotions by killing people.

• Ah okay! Thanks for correcting me

Well that would be pretty dope. How many colors would they have then? Hundreds?

• LoL, I can't name hundreds of colors, maybe about 20 :P

• I suppose White Lantern could win if his ring can produce kryptonite radiation.

• White Lanter!

• Superboy Prime, cause little bastard is naughty 😈

• Kyle for sure :)

• super boy prime