What is your favourite genre of film and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Crime dramas. Stuff like Scarface and Lock Stock or any of Tarantino's stuff. I like to live vicariously through the characters because it's not socially acceptable for me to commit violent crimes and rob banks and stuff all the time 😂

Most Helpful Girl

• Horror, for sure. I'm not totally sure why? I think it's a really interesting kind of cinema. Horror is the only, like, genre film which can be experimental & audiences expect to be a little bit experimental. Horror, at its best, is basically arthouse cinema that average filmgoers watch. That's so fascinating to me!

It also has the finest subject: abjection. And it has to make you feel, in yr gut, the abjection. Which, therefore, makes all horror simaultaneously a work of phenomenology. So all horror is social commentary, necessarily, right? I think that's really interesting.

It also has the property of a mystery or thriller film, where it has to keep certain things secret from the viewer - but in horror there is no 'reveal' or 'twist' which exposes the hidden stuff, in the best horror the hidden stuff stays hidden, and is never revealed. The best parts of a horror film are whatever is not in play. And those unknown elements stay in the back of your head after the films over, and haunt you :)

I also feel like there's a degree of Brechtian distancing in them, you know, like how often do you hear people say things like "what are you doing?" to horror film characters :P thats critical reflection!

What Guys Said 23

• animated, just so much happiness in the films. :-)

• Comedy because people in general have to deal with a lot of bs in life and I think it's nice to take a break and laugh about whatever. It's good for people in my opinion

• Sci-fi, action, and comedy... or all three combined! 😄

• Action usually but sci-fi also

• 1- science fiction (because I always wonder how will it be at the future or what will happen if we can fly or etc.)
    2- comedy because I love to laugh
    3- animation because it is animation <3

• comedy
    horror
    thrillers
    action
    romance (rarely ).
    in that order.

• Not exactly a genre, but I enjoy foreign movies the most. Seems like Hollywood has nothing original left to offer.

• Bio pics and Historical movies are super interesting and I love comedies but I'm also a huge rom com fan

• horror is the most open genre with the most playroom. it often contains a lot of good adventure. thats why horror.

• well any just not the romantic aslong as whats in a the genre is decent ill watch it

• Science Fiction: because of Star Wars.

• Comedy! Because it is just what I always need. I like drama too.

• I'm undecided,,, anyone can serve

• Sci-Fi and History - it lets me peek into a different timeline.
    :)

• sci Fi because​ I like watching things that don't exist

• western as there's hardly any, or action

• documentaries & comedy... thrillers. ...

• gangster movies/crime drama

• probably drama cause that genre shows how good actors can be

• Comedies because I love to laugh.

• wemon.

• Documentaries as of here lately... because they're more interesting.

• Horror. Can't stand it.

What Girls Said 7

• Comedy

Its often said that laughter is the best medicine and I love laughter and just being surrounded by family , friends, good vibez.

• Comesy, I like to laugh and have a good time. Maybe action after that.

• Drama and Comedy, also like Science Fiction

• Thriller because of the mystery that excites me

• Comedy and romance because I don't like anything really scary😂

• too many different themes and filming styles.

• i like romantic comedy