Today's Entertainment?

The other day my mother and I were having a little chat. She had an argument that today's entertainment is screwed up because many of the singers can not sing and are making money because of their looks and Hollywood is focused only on being skinny which many girls are not these days. At first I wanted to object but I was T.V and sadly came to realize she was right. But my question is.

if you agree with her? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Pop music and it's bastard offshoots have produced a lot of pretty faces with no real talent. rock and rap are surely already producing idiots of no real meaning.

if all of the girls on the TV were average looking, no one would watch it. but this started way before the invention of the TV or the motion picture.

Your mom is right to an extent, but you must realize that ever since the invention of mobile media such as a newspaper or a flyer, there has been portrayal of attractive people in attractive locations.

too many people say that the image of hollywood is sick and unobtainable. but seriously, who are the ones that are having steady jobs, relationships, and lives.the normal people. it's okay to be healthy, but it's even better if you are YOURSELF!

What Guys Said 2

• She is right.to an extent. There are the exceptions. Like Christina Aguilera or Alicia Keys. Both gorgeous women(IMO) and they both have voices that are fantastic. Christina started as a pop artist yes but she's got Grammy's to show she's got talent and not just another pretty face. There's always gonna be the "no talent, buy I'm pretty" people in Hollywood.

• Let's just say most guys won't be carrying the girls over the threshold when they get married because of the risk of a major hernia.

What Girls Said 2

• Wll, look around. Most girls, even the really young ones, heck even many of our Asian girls, are overweight. You can't very well disagree on that point.

As far as not being able to sing, no one can really dispute THAT either seriously. They are 'sold' by Hollywood based on their looks, usually enhanced with makeup or even surgery, as we know.

What's sad is that people sell their bodies to be able to go see these same singers live. By the tens of thousands.

• It sounds like its true but sometimes it depends on race.Some people will definitly disagree with me but its real truth. Some singers doesn't have good voice but they will be liked because of their race and their appearance.