What is your favorite genre of music?

What is your favorite genre of music. What is your least genre of music?

• Hip Hop
  • Pop Rock
  • Alternative
  • Heavy Metal
  • Country
Thnx for answering this question everyone. Maybe I will get to 80 answers?
And the answers just keep on coming-I like to see every ones taste in music. Feel free to link me your favorite song while you are at it.
I was really hoping for more than just a couple of answer folks...cmon

Most Helpful Guy

• Classical, French chanson, blues, jazz, folk

• Thnx man-I will have to check out what French Chanson is

• link tell me what you think Jacque

• I like this song of Bukola Elemide (aka ASA) : it's the first one I hear from her. A bit too much beat for me, maybe.

What Girls Said 61

• Favorite: RAP! and also I listen to a lot of Christian/Worship music since I'm on the worship band at my church.

My favorite artists are David Crowder, Leeland Mooring, Jesus Culture, Little Wayne, Eminem, and Blueprint. And Dashboard Confessional is cool.

Least Favorite: Country. No question. Ironically, I live in Texas.haha

• do you know Lecrae or Trip lee? look them up

• It is a powerful song with good lyrics. I don't care if people think he is too mainstream. Eminem is very gifted and actually can sing well when he wants to.

• Had to go with alternative just because I like lots of obscure music. 'Dark/Punk Cabaret' is probably my favorite genre at the moment. Also a big fan of Baltic Folk, Anti-folk and anything with a 'ragtime' feel.

Dance/Trance is probably my least but I also dislike most RnB/Country/Rap

• Never heard of Baltic Folk. Can you link me to your favorite Baltic Folk song?

• Glad you like it <3

What kind of music do you usually listen to?

• Pretty much everything and you?

• Favorite - R&B

Least - Country or rock and roll

• I adore various subgenres of Rock, Metal (Classic, Power, Doom, Speed, 80's Glam/Hair, etc.), Classical, Opera, BigBand Jazz, Folk, and true Country (I hate the contemporary pop-hybrid junk.)

My least favorites are probably Rap, Hip Hop, Pop-Country, and Smooth Jazz (among others of that genre.)

• Im gonna have to go with alternative.Country music just makes my stomach hurt.And everything else is okay...although I kind of hate the state of hip-hop right now. :/

• still some good hip-hop out there though-you like R&B?

• Naw,i don't really care for R/B...unless its Keith Sweat.No one can beg like keith sweat! hehe

• link I hope you are well and I hope you tell me how you are soon

• Practically all expect metal and country. Even in those there are few song that I like.

• You were drinkin last night too yes? :)

• :) isn't still just a massive travesty?

• I like to see who is left after all these years on old ass questions.

• Reggaeton, latin music <3, I like alternative rock , music like james morrison, sade, norah jones, voices like ellie gouding and that girl from the voice uk 2012 Bo Bruce loved her cover of going up the hill by kate bush, some R and B , I like every kind of music I can find a song or two or many that I like from every genre... MUSIC is my fav genre I guess

• love me some country! HA- Jk... em definitely /Rock Alterative/ The Classics. I love Metallica, Pearl Jam, Elton John, Nirvana, The Rolling Stones, REM, Bon Jovi, Led Zepplin, Aerosmith, The Beatles, Van Halen,The Killers,Pink Floyd,Smashing Pumpkins,AC/DC,Beastie Boys, Radio Head, Muse, Guns and Roses, Deep Purple, The Strokes,Iggy Pop, Weezer, Red Hot Chilli Peppers,Foo Fighters, Panic at The Disco, Vampire Weekend, Linkin Park, Arcade Fire, MGMT, Cage The Elephant, Avenged Sevenfold, Oasis, Finger Eleven, Breaking Benjamin, Death Cab for a Cutie, Simple Plan, 30 seconds to Mars, Evanescence... && I could go on and on... my least favorite type of music is anything way to main stream.. and if I just don't like it. I'm not a fan of country.. But I'm always willing to try new things, I love to discover new music

• You and I like the same stuff :P

• lol oh ok

• I like a little bit of everything, just depends on what mood I'm in. Generally though I lean towards pop punk :) My least favorite though would be screamo or metal. I actually like some screaming in music but not the whole entire song.

• Music is a lot of who I am. I love everything, almost everything I suppose the genre of music I don't like as much is heavy metal.

Music for me is the best kind of therapy and it has helped me through the best and the worst of times.

• I like classical, dub step, house, techno, metal, death metal, screamo, hip hop, rap, gangsta rap, alternative, classic rock, inddie, country, country rock, and pop... really anything...

• Pop, R&B, Country, and Classical like Mozart. I hate dub-step and heavy metal because it just really makes me cringe and gets on my nerves but I guess everybody is entitled to a favorite so I'm fine with it as long as you don't play it anywhere near me.

• EVERYTHING :D I love all music

• Fav is pop rock

Least is hip/hop or very heavy metal

• Alternative, rock, hard core, punk, pop punk, emo, nu metal. death ,etal. progressive metal, blues, 80's, 90's, 70's, 60's, dub step , indie pop, indie rock, ummmm you know that kinda stuff...

• I like alternative, jazz, or world music. Not so found of country.

• Country and reggae/raggaetone would tie for my favorite...my least favorite would have to be hardcore rap. You know, the kind that you can understand any of the words to.

• i don't have a specific one type I listen to .. I like different types just depending on my own personal taste. some songs I like , some I don't

• I chose country but that's only my second favorite. My first is classic rock. That's the good stuff :)

• Favorite is indie. Least favorite is heavy metal or Christian or country. Can't pick one - I hate them equally.

• I love almost all kinds of music...Romantic is the best...just don't like country music.

What time you come back? :)

• I like anything except for electronica, heavy metal, hip hop, and those disgustingly chessy pop groups/artists that only 12 year old girls like. ONE DIRECTION!

• I love Ska, but I hate country rap. I don't even think Niki Minaj is that bad and I can't stand listening to her "music" -_-

• Fave: Rap/Hip Hop

Least: Classical

• Metal, metalcore,

• rock, classic rock, punk, pop, funk, metal, oldies, blues, anything from the 80's-under, indie rock, ska, and reggae

• country and classic rock are what I would pick as the best just for the sake that the music really has depth and meaning behind it, plus great instrumentals and amazing vocals. rap is my least favorite.

• pop rock.. moreso pop.. least fav would be screamo or metal rock.. either one..

• Hip hop and pop..favorite ------classical...least fav

• Thank you for being my 1st 100th answer on any of my questions!

• Favorite is probably rock! But I honestly like all genres of music. I think its good to keep an open mind to everything.

• More from Girls
    31

What Guys Said 49

• Edm/Electro. Mainly House and Dubstep. Even Techno, Trance, and Hardstyle is OK. I love the rave scene and culture.

Also enjoy dance, pop, rock, classic or modern rock, hiphop, instrumental, rap, rnb, country, classical and symphony/opera type music, film scores, foreign music, a little bit of metal, to me everything that's music is art and I respect and enjoy it.

Besides jazz and church music or gospel I think? Not sure, I forgot but yeah that and jazz... do not like haha.

Besides those two, I love all music =)

• Different genres?

It's interesting to compare this version of Mozart - Rondo Alla Turca ( by an orchestra) link

with Dave brubeck's " Blue rondo a la turk" link jazz versionv=rH2aeRzO9xk&feature=related

wih a classical guitar version link (4 hands guitar! )

then now with a metal version of the same link

Here Rachmaninoff plays it in his brilliant way: link

Enjoy! (you'll easily find many other versions of this master piece Mozart loved)

• link here is some classical guitar also thnx man for more great music

• That guy has been to music school, he's great! :)

Meet a great artist: Narciso Yepes - Estudio 11 de Villa-Lobos link

But Villa Lobas has written better than that piece (I already posted it, I think : Bachianas Brasileiras No. 5 link I love that

The one I posted was sung by Vittoria de Los Angeles , to compare wih Joan baez, wasn't it?

• Wow man Yepes has an amazing touch. Villa-Lobos Bachianas Brasileiras is AMAZING-sends chills down my spine. Yes and I like Vittoria de la Angeles. The high parts were so pretty

• too many music types to have one favorite. That would be like favorite type of food. but depending on what I am doing or how I feel some work best. Before I need to be...well me at work on a tough assignment... certain hip hop is the choice. If I am on my way to surf... classic rock works best. If traveling. Spanish flamenco is great. mountain biking needs some techno, alternative, and even US bluegrass. running.. here is an odd one. opera. really. go on a 10k run and try out Rigoletto. Then just working on a tech report, classical. light stuff. Mozart usually. that is a start.

• I listen to almost any kind of music but I guess the one genre that pops out from the rest is metal. I usually have different seasons for different kind of music. But my favorite genre right now is electro house. Least favorite is all that pop/dance stuff that is played 24/7 in radio and clubs and everywhere.

• Do you like this? link

• My favorite song.. it kind of changes, sometimes even many times a day. Right now I'd say it's this link It's my friends' band and to me it's kind of hard to believe that they still don't have a record deal.

• I like it. It is unique and he has great vocals

• Out of those? I'll pick 'Pop Rock' assuming you mean 'Rock and Pop', and Pop is tied favourite, I love pop from Beach Boys era- to Bowie through to like, Katy Perry and Kesha, can't get enough, and I love rock-stemmed music like Psychedelia and Doorsy stuff, and punk and prog and everything, but my real kick is Jazz. Charles Mingus, John Coltrane, Art Blakey, Thelonious Monk, Albert Ayler, Sun Ra, Fats Waller, Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, and I'm just beginning to get into it. I love Free Jazz and Hard Bop the best.

• Trance

House

Liquid DnB

Liquid dubstep (not the regular sh*tty dubstep)

Film Scores (movie soundtracks)

Anything with a strong melody, beautiful vocals, and progression and breakdown of intensity. If it gives me goosebumps, it's good. I don't listen to music for the lyrics much, but the sound and what emotions that sound gives me.

I actually started listening to hiphop and alternative rock when I was young, but moved into electronic. So I also like some rock, hiphop, rap, reggae, folk, pop, a bit of almost everything. Can't say I've haven't heard at least some good sounding songs in every genre. There are a few genres that I don't understand how people could possibly like them but that doesn't matter.

• Rock, jazz and metal, but more specificaly I love prog rock and neo prog

My favorite band is battles: link

link

link

• I like it. Thanks for answering and thanks for sharing your music. :)

• that is why I showed it to you, pink floid made me remember that band with inclused the members of the band that made the song from the second link + tony levin that was member of band king crimson

• They are very talented musically. You have good taste in music for sure

• I enjoy music with heavy, chugging breakdowns and men growling about destruction and mayhem. I dislike music with twangy chords and men whining about how their wives left and took their house, truck, kids and dog with them.

Though any sort of music is enjoyable in the proper time and place.

• hip hop, underground and old school

least favorite: pop top 40 disposable garbage

• Tough call because music is my passion and escape that varies depending on my mood. What can I say music is the universal language. I believe in giving anything a fair chance though because like I said in your other question I find myself very cultural. That said here's some middle eastern music that ends on one of favorite movies. link

Both my CD and mp3 collection are a variety of genres but there's mostly alternative and heavy metal just because that captures my emotion best.

• Poll: Unanswered, none of those selections.

Favs: IDM, Drum N Bass, classic 80's synth-pop

Least: Country

• More alternative rockgenres with lots of distortion like Dinosaur Jr., Queens of the Stone age,Smashing Pumpkins, lots of post-rock like Explosions in the Sky, 65DaysOfStatic, Sigur RĂ³s, and movie soundtracks.

• i love most music, from alternative stuff to pretty mainstream pop rock. the only music I don't really like is heavy metal style screamo stuff (I don't want to listen to depressed people scream to a background of loud drums) and rap, extreme hip-hop stuff (again, I don't want to listen to a damaged guy talk about the crime on his estate to a bass line).

• It depends on my mood.

I could listen to Hip Hop and Pop all day, Michael Jackson <333

But if I'm mad I like rock, not heavy metal and stuff, I like Nickelback, Skillet is cool too, there's Dark Horses etc...

If I'm sad I listen to Michael Jackson, so as you can see, it depends on the mood :)

• M

E

T

A

L

• i choose hip hop even though I hate todays hip hop, its so damn corney and lame. but my real favorite is House music

• No favorite, but I can't stand that hillbilly & western music.

• say I love skittle

• favourite: classical

least favourite, well there's a lot of bad music out there. Most of it doesn't irritate me too much.

Probably some of the worst offenders are bands like Foo Fighters. Who seemingly write their music using 'Generic Rock Song Composition Studio' for mac.

• Favorite: Alternative Rock

Least Favorite: Blue Grass

• I like all types of Music. But only Classical makes me feel it.

• Anything in the 90's/early 00's era but I still lean towards Rap/Hip Hop and R&B as my favorite genre. R&B and Soul during the Motown era is my second fav.

• where is techno & gothic? I said heavy metal because out of the ones you gave that was the top.

• You are only allowed 5 options on the poll. There are at least 50 other kinds of music so I put all I could

• cool. even though Pink Floyd isn't my favorite band they do have a few grate songs I enjoy.

• They are amazing

• Classic rock.

Least is pop music

• i like all types but I listen to country the most

• R&B, but I listen to absolutely every kind of music.

• Favorite: Techno

Least: Screamo

• Progressive House, but that name is being abused by people like David Guetta and Avicii. So I prefer to name artist names so I know the right sound is being communicated. Shingo Nakamura, Lessov, Paul Keeley and Adam K & Soha are from the top of my list.

I hate commercialized music. Armin van Buren used the name " Trance" as a brand which ruined the meaning of the genre. Progressive House is next, all thanks to $$$.

• anything that has to do with rave

• Generally everything except country or pop.

• More from Guys
    19