Favorite classic moviestar?

I'm a sucker for classic movies and old Hollywood stars. So I wonder which is your favorite classic actor and actress. And when I say classic stars I mean like humphrey bogart and grace kelly actors that was famous around the 20's-60's so don't say demi moore cause she was good in ghost.

My favorites are Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe and Norma Shearer

Most Helpful Guy

• NOBODY tops James Dean, that man will forever be a legend. So sad that he died so young.

• agreed I like him too and his rebelious and rugged image. I actually bought a shirt with him on it a few weeks ago :)

• That's true. It's crazy when you compare them to moviestars of today. I think moviestars of today are much worse. Not that the acting of today is bad, it just seems like all of the older legends in film (James Dean, Lucille Ball, Bob Hope, Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable, John Waye, etc) had so much heart and passion. Today's movies and actors have too much things going on, competition, money, etc. You can be a bad actor and make bad movies and you could still make it.

• yes and today they fill out all the stories with stunts and sex scenes

What Guys Said 5

• Joh Alexander is hilarious link

• Anna Karina

• Gary Cooper. High Noon and Sgt. York are both amazing classic movies!

• And I should have mentioned Brig General James Stewart (aka Jimmy Stewart). Not only an excellent actor, but a man who served our country in THREE wars! And almost never even talked about it, much less tried to gain points for it.

• Sidney Poitier!

• Greta Garbo and Katharine Hepburn.

What Girls Said 5

• Charlie Chaplin, Paul Newman, Gene Tierney and Vincent Price I would say are among my favourites.

Movies were a lot better back in those days.

• Clark Gable(Gone with the Wind is the BEST movie EVER), Tippi Hendren, Gregory Peck

I loveee the transatlantic accents actresses had back in the day

• Glynnis Johns, Richard Todd, James MacArthur, Judy Garland, Howard Keel, Jane Powell

• Clarke Gable, Katherine Hepburn, John Gavin, Vivien Leigh, Leslie Howard, Spencer Tracy

Paul Newman, Robert Redford, James Cagney, Cary Grant, Sidney Poitier, Fred Astaire, Tony Curtis, James Dean and SO many more!

I love old movies too.

• Audrey Hepburn