How many books do you read a year?

Who are some of your favorite authors?

What are some of your favorite books / genres?

Feel free to share any books that you really love and think others should read :)

I'm mostly referring to books you read for pleasure, but if you get enjoyment out of the books you're required to read for school or work then take those into consideration as well.

• More than 12 books (more than one book per month)
    49% (17)30% (7)41% (24)Vote
  • About 12 books (1 book every month)
    9% (3)0% (0)5% (3)Vote
  • About 6 books (1 book every other month or so)
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • About 5 books or fewer (I read, but not regularly)
    34% (12)26% (6)31% (18)Vote
  • I don't read books
    8% (3)44% (10)23% (13)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
18|23

Most Helpful Guy

• I read over a dozen that's for sure.. I'll go through reading streaks where I'll read like tons of books then I can't even pick up a book for weeks. I go through phases.

I like anything fantasy/sci-fi

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably 16 books a year? If I have time though, like when I was in high school, triple that.

My favourite books are The Great Gatsby, American Psycho and The Book Thief. I read them before their film counterparts came out, I tend to be quite predictive at what would make a great film and use them as inspiration for my work.

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 22

• I keep up with Amy Tan, for example, and modern writers as much as I can. I love Jospeh O'Connor also, the best English language fiction writer currently, imao.

0|0
    0|1
  • It varies based on how busy I am with schoolwork, but I tend to read for pleasure at least an hour a day.

I'll read most anything but I tend to like long series, Game of Thrones, Wheel of Time, stuff like that.

Too many favorites to pick one but I'll throw out Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.

0|0
    0|0
  • not counting books for school I have read lik 10-11 books so half a book each year. I think you just gave me an idea for my new years resolution with this question :)

0|0
    0|0
  • about 2 per week. I'm doctoral candidate in one subject and study three more at the same time. That's quite a few lines to read a day...

0|0
    0|0
  • I would love to read more but my eyes are usually so tired from staring at a monitor all day I mostly just flop in front of the TV or play video games.

0|0
    0|0
  • Easily 12+

0|0
    0|0
  • The older I've gotten the more I read non fiction. Personally cosmology interests the Hell out of me so I've been reading a lot about that in particular. I love classic authors too like Arthur Conan Doyle, Jules Vern, and HG Wells

0|0
    0|0
  • Old poetry, new poetry...aaaand Men's Health magazine. Does that count?

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha sure! Any poets in particular?

• Poe old.

P.O.E. new

Shane Koyczan has captured in my attention

• Not including school books? Like 3-5 books dealing with body languages or self improvement.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like 40 books a year.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I need to start reading a little more

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
  • The ones they make me read.

0|0
    0|0
  • 110 book a year

0|0
    0|0
  • Napoleon Hill - think and grow rich

0|0
    0|0
  • About 6-7 per year. Although I do not have a favorite Agatha Christie is always a pleasant read.

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't read a book for fun since elementary school lol

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually listen to some on tape before bed

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually don't have a lot of time to read books for pleasure, and I don't particularly enjoy reading required texts usually.

I think I've read three books on my own time this year.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince, and Deathly Hallows.

I stopped about 60 pages into The Order of the Phoenix around the time it first came out and only went back and finished the series this past summer.

Some book suggestions?

Midnighter series and Peeps, both written by Scott Westerfeld.

A Walk to Remember if you want to have a good cry.

If you're more into manga, like I am (if you count that, I've read a lot this year. I read Bleach when new chapters release weekly, Soul Eater--until it ended this year--sometimes Naruto), I'd suggest, well, the ones I just listed. Also though, Deadman Wonderland, Chibi Vampire, and Full Metal Alchemist for starters. Oh, and Death Note.

1|0
    0|0
  • About 2-3 books a year

0|0
    0|0
    • I get maybe one or 2 for my birthday and one for Christmas or whatever

What Girls Said 17

• I love to read for pleasure, but as a college student, I do so much required reading that even when I have free time, reading isn't always what I feel like doing! So I only end up reading 2-3 books during the school year. During the summer, though, I whiz through them (sometimes multiple books per week depending on the length), so maybe it evens out.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least 30-40. Sometimes a lot more.

Favourite authors: Orson Scott Card, JR Ward, Brent Weeks, George RR Martin, Tolkien, James Patterson, etc.

Genres: literature, fantasy, sci fi, paranormal, thriller, dystopian, etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fear of Flying by Erica Jong

She Comes First & Passionista by Ian Kerner

Bang! Memoirs of a Relationship Assassin by David Wailing

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton

The Shepard / The Prophet by Ethan Cross

Shame by Alan Russell

Time Off for Good Behavior by Lani Diane Rich

Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan

The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders

Wheat Belly by William Davis

The Hitmans Guide to Housecleaning by Hallgrimur Helgason

My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler

The Charlie Fox series by Zoe Sharp

0|0
    0|0
  • I can get through 2-3 books a day (4/500) page ones so I can't imagine how many books that makes a year. I haven't read many this year due to school commitments but that's my usual number a day.

I have many favorite authors and I read any book that interests me or is recommended. I got 224 books downloaded on my phone.

For pleasure it's romance and humour books or mystery

0|0
    0|0
    • O.O

Wow, and I thought that I read a lot. You definitely have me beat by a mile. I read the same type of books you do. If you have a kindle, check out the website www.pixelofink.com Freebies!

• Thanks I'll check it outaand yeah I have got a kindle it's the third gen got it for my 16 and an ipad 3rd gen

• I go through about a book per week, give or take. I read mostly YA fiction but I delve into classics from time to time.

My favorite authors are John Green and Neal Shusterman and I think they'd make an awesome collaboration book in which Neal comes up with the overall plot and major events and John fills in the details and writes the actual prose.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to read at least a book per week when I was in high school

now that I'm in college it's really difficult for me to read since I have very little free time, but I try to read at least a book per month

lately I've been reading lots of haruki murakami books. I like all kind of books, fiction or non-fiction.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to read a lot of books 20+ chapter books/year now I barely pick up a book. I'm gonna be getting back into reading tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love to read, but I don't read as much as I would like. Time is an issue, I read more in the summer months, love sitting out on the deck with a good book and a big glass of ice tea. I am currently reading "Cleopatra" a life, by Stacy Schiff.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some of my favorite authors include Poe, Tolkien, Lovecraft, Juliet Marillier, Chuck Hogan ,George RR Martin and I tend to prefer fantasy books especially ones that have strong female leads

0|0
    0|0
  • I barely ever read so 5 or fewer a year.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love paul auster and nelly arcan. My favorite book is "whore" by nelly arcan

0|0
    0|0
  • just this year so far I've read around 70 books!! what can i say...i like to read lol :P

fave authors:
    Colleen Hoover
    Tymber Dalton
    Kristen Ashley
    R.L. Mathewson

fave genres:
    Young Adult
    Romance
    Humor
    Mystery & Thrillers
    Science Fiction & Fantasy

recommended books:
    Hopeless, Slammed and Maybe Someday all by Colleen Hoover www.goodreads.com/.../5430144.Colleen_Hoover
    Wallbanger by Alice Clayton www.goodreads.com/book/show/15858248-wallbanger
    Easy by Tammara Webber https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16056408-easy
    Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker www.goodreads.com/.../15990969-ten-tiny-breaths
    The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay www.goodreads.com/.../16151178-the-sea-of-tranquility
    Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder www.goodreads.com/.../17448960-falling-into-you
    Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan www.goodreads.com/.../11561469-reason-to-breathe

0|0
    0|0
  • I can read a book in a day. Not little novellas either, but 1000pg novels. I absolutely love reading and I will sit there for hours on end.

0|0
    0|0
  • More than 12

0|0
    0|0
  • The Secret Circle

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually read a book a week, so around 52 books a year.

I like Jose Saramago, Stephen King, Chuck Palahniuk, Douglas Adams, the poetry of Edgar Allan Poe... all kinds of stuff. The only genre I never read is romance, bores me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Heh, really not a fan of the gushy romance nonsense huh? I'm the same way. I always saw my mom reading a lot growing up and I think that's what got me started, but she reads all kinds of romance books and I just never got into that. Her friends convinced her to read 50 Shades of Gray and I'm so curious to know if she actually liked those books, lol

Love Edgar Allan Poe though, and Stephen King : )

• Yeah, I'm just not very interested in love stories, never have been. My brain automatically fights that kind of mushy sentiment, haha!

• I read alot. More than 12. I just stay in the thriller section.

0|0
    0|0