What is your favorite painting?

What is your favorite painting? Please post a link, mine is the kiss by gustav klimt

www.artwallpaper.eu/.../gustav_klimt_kiss

Most Helpful Girl

• The Scream by Edvard Munch... That is how I feel inside most of the time!

What Guys Said 6

• The Astronomer by Candlelight by Gerrit Dou. I wrote a paper on it when I was in college. It's a rather small painting, but my god it's powerful.

www.getty.edu/.../artObjectDetails

Honorable mention goes to two paintings my friend did. Alas, I can't show them to you. One is a watercolor he did of Krishna sort of spooning with Radha. The other painting he did was oil on canvass. He called it, About Jon. It's a painting of my circle of friends, featuring our friend Jon, who was knifed to death.

• I LOVE Van Gogh. His use of bold colors is amazing. I guess I'll go with Starry Night because it's so relatable, but I love so many of his that it's difficult to choose.

www.google.com/.../bgEuwDxel93-Pg

• Most of the art I like is pre 1900, after that I am not a big fan of a lot of stuff. I do not really have a favorite painting, not something that I have ever even though about. To answer the question though I did some googling and I found this one I really like for some reason. www.4moinf.com/.../...by_her_Ladies_in_Waiting.jpg

"The Empress Eugenie surrounded by her Ladies in Waiting." Painted by Franz Winterhalter (1855)

• I really like Paul Gauguin, Cezanne, Picasso but my favorite painting is a tie between the same artist. Salvador Dali is amazing and clearly the best surrealist of all time. His paintings "The Persistence OF Memory" and Metamorphosis of Narcissus are just so amazing to me each time I look at it. I also enjoy "The Face Of War". It's a bit creepy but stirs the soul regardless.

• Norman Rockwell is my favorite artist, but I don't know what my favorite painting is.

What Girls Said 2

• absolutely love The Kiss :)

I can't pick a favorite haha... but if I had to choose, I'd pick Monet's waterlilies (its actually a large series of work). www.google.com/search

• I don't have an eye for art and paintings, so I don't know if this is considered painting or not.

I absolutely love Victoria Frances's works www.google.de/search so realistic..