Why does he stand behind me?

My ex likes to stand behind me. Whenever we are standing in a group he stands behind me, or takes a step back so that he's never in my eye sight. What does that mean?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 2

• Can't look you in the eye? Maybe he is intimidated.

• Selected as most helpful

Hmmm. Good question. From my perspective, he's standing behind you because that's what he's supposed to do, in like certain situations (ladies first). But I doubt its anything to think negatively about.

Let's analyze. He could be:

*standing behind you, so he can be supportive, put you first and foremost. Respect.

*that's something he thinks makes you feel comfortable.

*(joke) he's checking out the goods in the rear. Lol. (sorry. Had to. )

---or he could:

*be uncomfortable standing next to you; does he not walk next to you when you walk down the street?

*not want to stand next to you, because he doesn't really want to show he's with you in a crowd of people. (I've seen this before. It's a classic "I don't like pda. "

*(joke) you smell funny. Lol

I gave you two positive, two negative and I think you should take those, put them in your own words and ask him. It's good to be honest with one another, and obviously it makes you feel a certain way, so ask him. Of course he may be defensive about it, so make sure you don't bring it up while it's happening.

• I also notice that I misread the fact that's he's your ex. To put it simply, he either thinks that is how you want him to ask. Or he wants his distance from you anyways.

• He could also just stand in the back because he's being protective. It's a primitive (not saying the guy is, but the action) thing to do, just watching out for you. It might be sweet depending on how he does it. =

• He doesn't want other people to think he's dating you. Physical distance = emotional distance.

• Suppose I could see that. But it doesn't explain why he did that when he was chasing me and when we were dating and now when we are still friends.