Is it possible for a guy and a girl to be friends?

You know what I mean. Pure and simple friendship without one being attracted to the the other. And it does not count if one of them is lesbian or gay... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes totally,

though it really depends on the character of said people. If it's a person who generally has a lot of friends, it's easy for them to make, have and entertain them, then it's absolutely possible for them to be friends with the opposite gender, too.

If however said person isn't the most social there is, if said person finds it hard to make good friends and hasn't that many people around them that they could call friends, then it would be harder for the person to be just friends.

Another factor would be how friendships develop!

Now imagine both persons being friends from school, see each other pretty often, etc. etc. and they generally get along pretty well?

In that scenario being just friends would be pretty simple since they didn't have any other intentions to begin with for getting in contact at all.

Another option would be to meet up on the streets or in the www... you most likely exchange contact data to some sort, text a lot, be it through text-messangers or mobile-phone. Now going into contact with a person that way most likely implies the search for a relationship. I'd say for boys it's close to 100% the case whereas girls like to get in contact to actually get to know the guy and THEN decide weather it be a friendship or a relationship.

However, what I'm trying to say is that both personality and the surroundings people meet are a great factor on how easy it is for opposite genders to become just friends ;-)

Asker upvoted
    • Wow, I really do seem to like writing a lot :D

I mean, even to a simple yes or no question I write close to 1500 characters :P

• Show Older
    • Actually we're not. Never equal online "friendships" to real ones, at least I make a huge difference between them ;)

• Haha, maybe ;)