Why would a guy keep his girlfriend secret?

A guy friend of mine in his mid 40's is very careful to keep his girlfriend a secret. He has been seeing her at least 6 months, keeps his Facebook status as "single" and when he rarely talks about her it is "my friend" or just refers to her as "her", but no name. He is also careful to not post... Show More

Wondering why no guys will answer this question. Don't want to reveal the secret? I think that he won't call her his girlfriend because he has already decided that she won't fit into his long term future plans.

Most Helpful Girl

• no, why should you tell the world? if he's anything like me then he's very private and respectful. I definately don't share my love life on Facebook of all places. I am on Facebook as single though I date on and off. it's noone's business but mine. I don't post pics of my guys neither do I name names. I'm such a private person when it comes to relationships.