Why is my best friend ignoring me?

This girl and I met online about 7 years ago, she lives in England and I live in the States. We've been good friends much of that time and sorted... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems very strange that she didn't even say goodbye. Maybe something happened to her? Was your friendship very close or just a casual chat every few months when bored type of friendship?

Asker upvoted
    • Pretty close, we shared all of our secrets and we depended on each other for support in the rough patches. We talked about two months or so, but we made up for it when we did. She stayed up to midnight talking to me on her birthday, if I was just the random guy to keep her amused I doubt she'd spend 4 hours talking to me in IM on her birthday. Also last fall when she was having problems she said I was the only one she dould turn to. It seems so odd to just totally disappear after being so close.

• Show Older
    • Well I'm as sure as I can be, she has a rather exotic name for where she lives and an electic taste in music and the pictures are unmistakably her, so I'm sure that the profiles on MySpace and Facebook are hers unless I have some freak stalker who is creating fake profiles of her. And I'm pretty sure she's ignoring my emails because I know she's been online to create the Facebook and MySpace pages and the message I sent to her MySpace account says that it has been "read". So I'm pretty sure...

• Ah right, in that case I'd probably just leave it. She may come back, she may not. I know people can get busy at times but 9 months without even a word is a bit strange.