Parents throwing kids out and kids being thrown out.

This is a two piece question for both the adults and the teenagers.For adults: Would you ever kick out your own child? If so what would your child have to do that's bad enough to get them kicked out in the first place and do you think its reasonable? Do you take into consideration that maybe by kicking your child out you could potentially ruin their future for a good life? Teenagers: Have you ever dealt with this problem, and if you have can you tell what happened and how you dealt with it?Id like to hear stories from both sides if possible. And of course opinions are always allowed. Thanks

I apologize I do mean that the age the parent kicks out his child is around 16-18.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I would never throw my kid out if I ever became a parent. I am definitely the nurturing type. my parents were like brutal to me so I don't have respect for parents who just shove their kids off into the street without taking care of them. that to me is appalling and irresponsible. granted I would want my kids (if I ever had them) to have independence, however if they're not ready , that's my responsibility partly to take care of them till they can.

What Girls Said 2

• I've never been in that situation but one of my friends was kicked out of his house when he was around 16 but he went and lived with his grandma and it's been perfect for him. Since living apart from his family he's actually grown a lot closer to them, he now sees his mum everyday and he looks after his grandma really well. So I think it depends on circumstances but sometimes it can be a good thing to do.

• I wish my parents kicked me out!

• You sure? It's no party living on the streets.

• Oh I would have some where to live! I just need them to tell me get the f*** out.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't have kids right now but when I do I wouldn't throw them out of the house. I can't even think of a situation that my kid could get into that would be so bad that I couldn't handle it or would just give up on them...if they needed professional help for getting away from drugs or gangs then I'd get them the assistance they need. I would've already taught them how to be independent by the time they were 18 and if they wanted to stay at home for a while longer then it's cool, but I'd make sure that after high school they choose one of two roads - military or college...no bum option.

• Are you talking about kicking a child out before or after they've reached adulthood?

• Yes I've updated the question so pretty much.