Why is it so hard to get a girlfriend?

I'm about to graduate from college and I thought that going to college would help me find the right girl, but if anything its made it worse. It seems like girls never notice me at all, and its not like I'm a social outcast or anything, I have tons of guy friends and get along great with just about anyone. I'm a talented guitarist and songwriter, top of my class academically, funny, and down to earth. I'm not bad looking either I don't think, I've had girls tell me I'm good looking, my friends ex-girlfriend even asked if I was gay the other night because she said I'm very attractive but she had never seen me with a girl. I have confidence in pretty much every other area of my life and things have always come easy to me, I get good grades in school without trying, I'm good at just about every sport, etc, but I have had no success with women and its really starting to cause me a great deal of depression and anxiety. I come into contact with beautiful young women every single day in class for the last 4 years and have yet to get a single date, I just can't find ways to strike up conversations in class I always think that if I say something to a girl sitting next to me she's gonna think I'm just another creepy dude that's trying to hit on her. I can't even imagine how I'm going to meet girls once I graduate. I just want a nice sweet girl that I can hang out with and have fun with, but I can't seem to find that. Any advice or suggestions from some girls out there would be greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel your pain. Especially the worrying that I'll have to find someone after college where there are far less options.

For the record, if you talk to a girl in class, she's not going to think you're a creeper. If anything, she will notice you in a positive way. Even if she shyly talks back or doesn't say much.

Do you ask girls out? I know that I have yet to go on a single date in college because I refuse to ask a guy out, so I'm waiting on these guys who will probably never ask so that's not working. If you're about to graduate, you probably aren't going to see a lot of these girls again, so I say go for it and start asking girls out, even if it's a group thing so that she can get to know you in a more comfortable environment. And don't wait for the perfect girl. Even if it's just a girl that you're slightly attracted to, she could surprise you and be the girl you're looking for.

Maybe your friend's girlfriend can help set you up with one of her friends. If she thinks your attractive, her friends probably will too.

Good luck! :)