My ex-girlfriend says she "wants to be friends" but won't hang out with me?

When she broke up with me 4 months ago, she said she "still wanted to be friends." I asked her if she wanted to do something, but she said she isn't... Show More

We have spent time together in a group setting many times, as well as seeing each other one-on-one 2 months ago. That seemed to go great, but a few days later she had no interest in hanging out with me.

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well, there you have it, the reason why when people break-up they don't keep the "let's be friends" promise. It's because they are afraid the other person is just waiting for them to be more than friends. Exes cannot be friends. They can be on friendly terms, but not like buddies hanging out.

• Should I just basically ignore her and hope that she will miss me? Or should I try getting on "friendly terms" and attempt to advance it from there?

• You should accept the fact that she does not want a relationship with you anymore and move on.