Is it OK for my boyfriend to hang out with other girls?

My boyfriend and I have been together for around a year. Last summer, he and his cousin had hung out with a couple girls at their apartment. He never told me about it. A month later, he mentioned that they had been there and I asked him about it. He said he didn't tell me cause it wasn't important and that they were just friends. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I can't help but feel weird about my boyfriend hanging out with other girls without me. I feel even weirder about the fact that he didn't tell me when it happened and that he didn't think I needed to know. I'm not a crazy jealous girl or maybe I am. I don't know, but I do feel that if the situation were reversed that he would freak out too. I have to admit I am nervous about him hanging out with other girls, especially one on one...I'm not sure if he would let something happen or not. If something did happen he definitely wouldn't tell me unless I got suspicious and dragged it out of him. A part of me almost feels like maybe if he needs to do that, then maybe he is still looking. Is this normal or am I nuts?

So guys and girls, how do you feel about your significant other hanging out with members of the opposite sex? Okay or not okay? I know he can have female friends but really where do you draw the line? Thanks in advance!

Most Helpful Guy

• If he was hanging out with them before he got with you, you can't expect him to change. If you can't handle it just date a guy with no friends.

• Actually, its new girls. He definitely didn't know them before we started dating.

• It seems very much like he was hiding it. I wonder why?

• I asked him why he didn't tell me and he said that he didn't know he had to tell me everything about his life. Then he got mad andsarcastic and told me every conversation he had that day. He says he loves me. I know I don't need to know every single thing, but him hanging out with other girls just seems important to me. I'm afraid he's gonna keep hanging out with girls and not telling me. I don't know how many more surprises I can take.