My husband wants me to leave, what should I do?

He has told me 3x's in the last 2 months that he wishes I would just leave. We have only been married a 1 1/2 yrs. We have a 7 month old baby together. He says he is depressed but doesn't want help he says I deserve better and wishes I would just go. He calls me names, and I haven't left yet. I... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• If he truly is depressed then he needs you more than ever. Depression is a strange thing. You feel like you need someone to lean on yet you're full of anger and bitterness and end up hurting your relationships with people you love. He is hurting inside and sees himself through a distorted lens. He thinks he is a waste of life and the world would be a better place without him. And when you feel like that you think that your presence weighs everyone else down and it would be better to remove yourself from them.

When you're depressed although you are physically capable you have little to no will, desire or power to help yourself. He's not going to be appreciative or thankful at first but you need to be stubborn and help get through this.

Talk to your doctor. Even a GP is capable of prescribing anti-depressants. Check your local yellow pages for psychologists or psychiatrists and see if you can talk to one about it. Have them make him an appointment but let them know he doesn't know so they might not charge you if he doesn't show. Sometimes when your depressed you're secretly crying or longing for help and he won't do it himself.

Good luck.