All of my best friends have boyfriends except me, I feel worthless.

hi, I'm 17 years old and I am independent but lately I am feeling down. all of my friends have boyfriends that like them and I see them together and... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• aww honey, I know how you feel. It seems like everyone is in a relationship except you and that you'll be alone forever without love. Let me just say that there is someone out there for everyone and that love happens when you least expect it. That sounds so cliche and corny but actually its true. I would know, I've been there and I've had some great relationships. But through those relationships and break-ups, I've learned to appreciate being single. Being able to do whatever you want, check out whomever you want...the list is endless. Plus relationships, while they may provide a facade of lovey-dovey crap, come with baggage. Fights, trust issues, cheating. Plus being in a relationship put's you in a totally different state of mind and can be a distraction. Don't get me wrong, I like being in relationships but I've learned to appreciate being single as well. You don't need a man to make you happy. Loving yourself and your independence is what happiness is derived from. Hang in there girl, your time will come. Until then, appreciate living the single life, as hard as it may be at times. Hope this helps :)