Why does my boyfriend keep talking to other girls?

Okay, so my boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years. I'm 20 he's 18, we were planning on moving in but got into a bad fight and he broke up with me. He says I'm trying to control his life. But I'm NOT but its very unfair that he goes out with a group of friends to the movies and he invites a specific girl and I'm supposed to take it as they aren't going on a date. by the way he tells me where he's going just doesn't tell me the complete truth. The girl supposedly has a boyfriend, I know he hasn't cheated but its not fair to me. I've also seen him call girls "baby" that's a boyfriend/girlfriend type of name NOT best friend.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well actually, I have a friend who calls me baby, but he likes me. Eh, he might just not be all that invested in the relationship and is keeping back ups. He's only 18, guys barely start to think long term at 25. I think you should talk to him about how you feel, but really TALK, not fight and tell him you think it is disrespectful to ask girls to go out with him like that. That is of course if this isn't really a friend. If she's his friend and he wants to hang out with her you have no right to tell him what to do. You didn't put that much detail so I'm not sure entirely sure, but he's either seriously just going out with friends (and people of different sexes are allowed to be friends), I mean he IS going out with other people, not just her. Or he's getting interested in other girls. The best you can do is talk about it with him, see what he has to say and trust him when he most likely says there is nothing going on, really.Worst case scenario is he is cheating behind your back and you break up. Wouldn't be the first time it happened, but you're definitely going to kill the relationship if you're flipping out about him hanging out with friends. That IS trying to control him. If you're not interested in the trust gamble at this time then just break up with him.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

What Girls Said 2

• Only dead fish go with the flow. Obviously you're feeling this way for a reason, its prob not the norm for your relationship (3 years is a long time to have concerns) Maybe he's getting bored of the relationship. Maybe you're over-reacting. You'll never really know for sure unless you catch him cheating one day. The main point is life is too short to be miserable, and there is always another guy around the corner, you may be in love now but don't sell yourself short EVER, I've been in sh*tty relationships before and the worst things I ever did were stay because I was in love, or because I was afraid of being without the guy, or because I wasn't sure if my feelings were legit enough a reason to be upset. You will love and love again over and over again. So follow your feelings, if it bothers you that much then find someone who doesn't make you feel like that, if its just annoying, try talking to him or get over.I've been in relationships that lasted that long and had a lot of awful feelings, I stayed because I thought the time meant more than it did, three years is a long time, but its not forever, and you need someone who will make you happy forever :)

• just go with the flow, cause you can never change a person. And I have a feeling that you still love him for who he is or you would have left him long time ago. You are stressing over something that might not mean anything. Guys hate when girls tried to control them they feel like you are sufficating them, so don't do that. if he cheats he is going to do it anyway nothing you can do to stop it, but at least then you will see his true colors. But he hasn't I think and he might never do it. And I never heard of a guy that goes with a girl to a date with a bunch of friends, so she is just one in the gang. Don't sweat about it.