Do you think men who hate their mothers...are guys to avoid dating?

What do you think it says about a man if he resents/hates/has a bad relationship with his own mom?

would you take this as a red flag?

someone said this to me the other day and I thought it was an interesting observation.

i'm not talking about guys who's mothers are honestly crazy or abused them I'm just talking about in general do not like their own mothers

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on whether or not their mother actually deserves the hate. If she was a lazy alcoholic who didn't take care of him properly growing up, then obviously he has his reasons and that wouldn't really be a red flag to me in and of itself. But sometimes situations like that can just turn people rotten but that's another story.

However, if his mother tried to raise him properly and obviously cares about him and he still hates her, then yeah that definitely sets off some red flags. Especially if he's mean and/or disrespectful toward her. If a man can't even love his mother, then odds are he won't really love any other woman either.