Is it OK to be friends with your ex's friend?

I know this guy friend through my ex boyfriend. and he broke up with his girlfriend around the same time as me and my ex. we just need someone to talk to and we get along really well but we are just simply friends.my ex found out we have been hanging out so he got pissed off. Is it really not OK to do that? My ex said I'd ruin his friendship If I do anything more than friend and he told me not to meet this friend anymore.I am so angry cos I don't think I need his permission since we are already broken up and he's kinda back with the ex girlfriend before me.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• It's completely fine to be friends with your ex's friends. I'm close friends with a good number of my ex's friends including his two best friends, even though my ex and I don't really talk anymore. Your ex doesn't have the right to be mad that you're hanging out with his friends. You're allowed be friends with anyone you want. The only thing I'd advise you to do is not talk to your ex's friend about your ex. It's just not a good idea to put mutual friends in the middle of your problems with your ex, as you never know what they'll tell your ex. Chances are that your mutual friends will talk to your ex about you. You want to give your ex the impression that you aren't obsessing over him. Like someone before me said, you don't owe your ex anything (especially since he left you and got back together with his ex-girlfriend - the same thing happened to me). He's just upset because even though the two of you are broken up, he still wants your attention - which is selfish of him.

What Guys Said 1

• it's a guy thing. He's just upset probably. Like , I would not like my ex to go out with my male friend.Id think that there is something going on and it would make me paranoid.He'll get over it just give it time.Or maybe he's still into you.

• We broke up becos he wanted to try again with his ex..he said he misses me and stuff but he can't give up trying with the ex.n I'd say I love him.but just not like the boyfriend girlfriend that kind of love anymore.he actually kinda kicked me out of the house one day when I was visiting the cat we bought together.gosh I m so confused about what's going on.

• well then 2bh he sounds like a control freak. he's just acting like a prick.dont mind him. ignore whatever he says. don't stop talking to some1 just bcoz he says so. I think you need to move on and find some1 else .

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think you owe your ex anything. I don't like his attitude because he thinks the world revolves around his arse. You don't have to take his permission whatsoever. You and his friend are grown ups and know what you are doing. He wants you to feel miserable without him. That's all about it. He seems like a guy who wants people to follow his rules and never complain. To hell with that. You are good friends with his friend. If he wants to be pissed off, then let him be.The only thing I'd take care of If I were you is telling my secrets to his friend. I mean he could be a great guy and all but he might spread your secrets and tell your ex about it. So, you could vent, talk and enjoy your time with him but don't trust him 100%. You never know.Don't bother with what your ex feels. He left you for his ex. Why do you even care what he thinks? He doesn't deserve your thoughts.

• yea I think sometimes the friend told him about what I said ...probably need to keep my secret just in case..

• Yup, that's right. :)