Are there any guys who don't want kids?

I don't want children now, in the future, ever!

However, it is very hard to run across guys who don't want them either.

Are their guys who don't want kids either? Why?

It is making dating harder and harder.

Most Helpful Guy

• You could change your mind when you're older, but if not then no big deal. Are there guys who won't want kids? Yeah, a lot of guys don't want kids just like I know a lot of guys who do want kids. Most guys that don't want kids also don't want to be in a serious relationship either. Some do, though. Typically, girls who don't want kids tend to be career oriented. Guys are typically career oriented anyways, but the ones that don't want kids tend to be really high up there in their careers. This is not to say that guys who are high up there in their careers financially are guys that don't want kids, but guys that don't want kids tend to be high up there. This is all generally speaking... so of course there are guys and girls on the opposite ends that I mentioned... but for the most part that's how it is, or how I have at least noticed it to be.

At your age, guys who don't want kids are going to be focused solely on their career that they don't want to be in a relationship. So, I can see how it will make dating harder and harder.

• Wow, that is a very good response! Do you want kids?

• powerful positions wanted kids, and the other 45 of the guys that hold powerful positions don't want kids. Then 45 out of the 80 guys that don't want kids hold powerful positions, therefore, guys who don't want kids tend to be high up there. And by guys who tend to be up there, I mean most guys, which equates to greater than 50%.

This is also based off of my observation, and not a cold hard fact... well it might be a cold hard fact, but I don't have the proof to back up this claim.

• you just filled nearly every point of view for humanity and wanting/not wanting kids. I do see your point though. she was just asking if anyone specifically didn't want children.

What Guys Said 20

• Where have you been all my life?

I've broken up with, or have been broken up with by women for the same reason. I'm not completely and totally against the idea, but so many people have NO IDEA what it means to have kids, and only have a romantic idea of little babies, without a clue about the day-to-day realities.

And let's face it: there are WAY too many kids out there already who don't have a home and a family. When the adoption agencies and foster-care systems are drained, THEN we can make more. Until then, it's just PRACTICE.

• Ahhhhh! Where have YOU been all my life? You ROCK!

• i DEFINITELY don't want kids. the happiest people I know in life are gay men...no kids, no parental responsibilities, just disposable income for living the good life. those dudes have the game figured out.

it's not to say I don't have SOME paternal instinct, but it's only the "throw the ball around in the back yard" part. so my plan for that is coaching youth football. BORROW other people's kids three or four days a week for two hours, do the fun sh*t, then send them home and YOU can pay for them, YOU can deal with the incessant questions, YOU can get woken up at 6:30 on your days off...i'm all set with that stuff. I saw one of those "someEcards" things that summed this up perfectly: "every time I see a cute child, I remind myself how awesome it is to sleep through the night."

• "BORROW other people's kids three or four days a week for two hours, do the fun sh*t, then send them home"...I'm really glad I kept reading on.

• I would rather be an aunt. Awesome, there is nothing like being able to send them home, LEGALLY! Lol

• looool,saving that saying immediately,disturb my sleep at your peril,baby or not

• I want a son. Because I'm the last guy in my family. If I die, my family name dies too. So if I have a son he'll be carrying the family name and hopefully keep it. ya know?

• Yeah, that is a good point too.

• Find a man who is sterile. Problem solved. Unless he still wants to adopt I guess.

• Hmmm. . . that is a good point.

• I don't want children either. They're expensive, tons of work and you have to take a backseat to them for 18 years. If I were dating right now I wouldn't want to get serious with a girl that really wanted children either but if she was literally the perfect girl for me and she wanted one or 2 I might compromise lol. She would have to have a decent job though! I might change my mind in 5 years or so but I kinda doubt it. Its hard to predict the future about some things.

• Yes! You too!? *Does moonwalk*

• I understand. Cats are cool. They have such class. Lol

More from Guys
15

What Girls Said 7

• I view a lot of the people who say they don't want kids like the people who say they will never get married. Many of those people get married and they never thought they would. Many people who thought they would never have kids end up having kids that they love and it just works.

My point here is that you are young. This is important to you right now, and it very well may stay important to you forever and it may not.

You're young and your opinions are going to change and your situation is going to change. You may always feel like a kid just won't fit into your life and that is just fine and understandable.

However, you may get to a point when you've been married for a while and you've settled down and you may begin to wonder what else there is- that's a point where many people consider kids.

My overall advice is that until you are dating around to find your husband (I hope you aren't because 21 is too damn young to get married), keep the 'no children" thing as a silent goal; It really isn't something to bring up on a first date or anything really in the beginning. For now have fun and don't stress about finding someone who doesn't want kids. They are out there but I think you are either going to need to look at older guys or you are going to need to wait for guys to mature and age a bit to decide where they want their lives to go.

• Wow, that is VERY GOOD! I have never thought of it that way.

• I don't want children either. I enjoy living a free life! I don't believe I need to have children to validate my existence as a woman, or my life or because society deems "children making" as a job that every woman must fulfill.

• Theres are men who feel the same don't worry but what your reason for not wanting kids if I may ask ?

I felt the same way before as well, but to not even consider seeing/dating a guy that does seems kind of crazy to me especially at your age.

as you grow older you might change your mind.

• Why, hmm . . . I just don't want the life-long responsibility.

• You realize that people change their values as time goes on, right? And that the people who have the same values as a teenager/ person in their 20's need to grow up, because only a man-child would want to be with a woman-child. But hey, if that's how you want to live, who am I to judge?

To answer your question, there are tons of man-childs roaming around. Look for the guy in his late 20's/ early 30's hanging out in clubs wearing Abercrombie and Fitch hitting on the 18 year olds. He probably doesn't have a career, unless you count being a trust fund baby, working for your father, or here-and-there construction jobs being a career.

• lol I'm with you on this one, I don't want kids either and every time you tell a guy that they look at you like you killed a kitten.

i've only met one guy in my life that didn't want kids and that's my boyfriend so thank god for that.

good luck though

More from Girls
2