I think my best friend likes my boyfriend!

She tells me he's cute all the time.. she notices everything he wears... she tells me how lucky I am... she talks to him, texts him.. she even likes to join us when we are out together (though my boyfriend hates it when she turns up on our dates) ..

but she would never admit that she likes him.. she just tells me "i like him so much.. but just as a friend of course".she asks me what he thinks about her or if he spoke something about her. she tells me every trial conversation she's had with my bf. I really like my best friend but her behavior is so weird these days.

Can I do something or just ignore it?

Yeah I told my boyfriend and he laughed it off saying that he loves me and she's nothing to him.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds to me like she does like him. But, you should be nice about if you want her to stop and you don't want to lose her friendship. Maybe she just needs to find a guy of her own to like. The next time she says she likes him as a friend, or asks about him, or mentions him at all, jokingly say that it sounds like she's got a crush on your BF. Tell her she's got great taste in men and that one similar enough will come along that is single for her.

Another possibility is that she's afraid of being passed over in favor of your boyfriend. Some people get into a relationship and abandon all of their friends. She may just be trying really hard to make sure she stays your friend. You could bring that up to her as well when she starts talking about your boyfriend or invites herself on your date. Just say, "hey this a date with Boyfriend and myself. Lets do something tomorrow, or let's have a girl's night next weekend." Let her know your friendship is important to you and that you will continue to make time for her and your BF.

If her behavior bothers you then don't ignore it. It'll only continue to get on your nerves until you no longer want to be her friend, or until it builds up and you end up in an argument. Address in now so she knows and can adjust. Just be as nice about it as you can, she's your friend after all.

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 7

• She sounds obsessed. Your boyfriend needs to be made aware of the problem right away. Tell him that your best friend is unhealthily obsessed over him and that you are concerned for her. Also, you need to tell her straight up that you don't appreciate her trying to make a move on a taken man. If she continues, you need to let her know that the friendship will come to an end. No true friend tries to break the love of another. If nothing else, introduce her to some decent guys so that she will leave your poor chap alone.

• She wants him and it will only be a matter of time before she starts distancing herself from you because you don't "deserve" or "get" him like she does. Not a best friend. Just be aware that it's going to play out like that.

He should go out with her one on one and let the topic come up naturally. If he wants the relationship to work between you two he needs to nip this in the bud.

• Even though she is your best friend, make it obvious that you and you boyfriend are very close and no one can come between you.

For example, have some inside jokes which you and your boyfriend laugh at when three of you are together. If she asks what it is, just say that its nothing, just some private joke.

At least once in a while when she wants to join you both, tell her that this time you both plan to go without her because there are some things both of you wanted to discuss.

• Tell her to nock it off and she should back up.

Its kinda like the new movie Obsessed

• You punch that Bitch! lol! say, "hands off Slut! he's mine!", hahahahahahahahahaha

More from Guys
2

What Girls Said 22

• That's all fine and well - but your friend isn't really your friend. Respect for your relationship isn't on her top priority list and don't think for a minute she hasn't thought about how to get ride of you. Stop talking to her about him or what you do and see if she has anything else to contribute to your friendship...If not you have your answer.

• If it is bothering you, and it sounds like it is maybe you for a while you need to separate your friendship...spend time with your boyfriend away from her...and spend girly time with her. See how things go. She could be happy for you and maybe you are looking too much into the situation...I would worry if she did more than just compliment...try not to feel threatened by her behaviour, esp is you are secure in your relationship! there is no need, don't talk about her to your boyfriend, and if he ever mentions her you have no obligation to discuss her in full length..you could just brush off the issue and say she's ok - and if she asks about him don't divulge too much again say everything is good - SMILE and talk girly stuff...maybe what colour you want to paint your nails next!

• i'd cut that bitch out of my life. she's pursuing him right in front of your face. she has no respect for your relationship or friendship. don't ignore it, end the friendship. she doesn't deserve the title. is your boyfriend texting her back?

• hmm well she doesn't really sound like a best friend to me. A best friend wants what's best for you and wants you to be happy. She should NEVER talk about how cute he is, etc. That's like breaking the Best Friend Code...lol Just tell her nicely how you feel about it..if she doesn't stop she's not a true friend

• Your friend shouldn't do this.

you should tell your friend (nicely) that what she's doing is upsetting you,make sure you spend time with her without your boyfriend she might be feeling left out. You could ask your boyfriend to tell her he doesn't like her but in the nicest possible way.

good luck

More from Girls
17