Does this give my dad the right to treat me like crap?

I finally found a job after trying for months. But right now I don't have any money until the end of the month so I'm pretty reliant on my parents for help me with money. I live with them rent free. But does this give my dad the right to treat me like crap? Calls me names constantly, always tells me how stupid I am. But then hell get drunk and do it to my mum too. And I always defend her. he's hit me for defending her and myself. Does helping me with money make that okay? He seems to think so..

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Nothing gives your parents the "right" of treating you like crap. Ok, yes, technically they could kick you out since you're over 18 or whatever, but no parent has the "right" to treat their kids like crap. You could press charges for the way he treats you, abusive relationship, he hits you and your mom...If you make money, nothing is gonna change. He just has one thing less to throw in your face. Nothing makes it okay to hit your kid and your wife.

What Guys Said 6

• your dad sucks. once you move out, remember to check in on your mother from time to time. if she ever talks about wanting a divorce, I'd encourage her.

• The only "right" he has is to ask you help around the house for free rent.NO one should hit anyone. EVER! Name calling is wrong. You need to use your pay to get out, see if you can stay with a friend. You are just courting trouble.Call the cops if he hits you, your mom or anyone again. Tell him you will do that when he is sober.But get out as fast as you can. Good luck.

• Physically hurting you is not okay regardless if he wants to help you or not. Morally, he shouldn't be treating you like sh*t.

• Omg, so sorry sweetie.AND NO HE HAS NO RIGHT TO HIT YOU!AT ALL!Hope you'll be okay hun. :/And nope it is also not okay to call you crappy stuff.

• He sounds like a piece of sh*t. Much like my father.

• I would call the cops if I was in that situation, Yes it's hard but you have to do what you have to do for the sake of you and your mom's safety.That's Assault and Domestic Violence

What Girls Said 0