Post-rejection between friends aftermath

Best guy friend rejected me. Both in our early 20's, and have been close friends 4 years. We had started hooking up, been on a few dates, happiest I've ever been... And then he dropped the bomb. It's been over 6 weeks, and the pain of it all hasn't subsided the slightest bit. Not just the unrequited love, but feeling like our friendship will never be what it was. He has been nice enough to give me space (in truth, he was as polite as possible, given the situation), but I'm afraid I'm being cold towards him. I avoid eye contact as much as possible... Just seeing him hurts my heart. I don't want to be mean, but I need to take care of myself, too.

Guys, what would be your expectations of the situation? How would you expect or like the girl you rejected to act (strictly as a friend)? Would you even still want to be her friend, or would you feel repulsed?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 1

• Don't fight your feelings. If you need to stay away from him, do so. But if you were once friends, maybe at some time in the future you can get there again, and then maybe build on it. Maybe you're not ready, one or both of you, for an exclusive relationship.

Take a break from him and then, if you still miss him, get back in touch and see if you can reach some agreement about a different relationship.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!