Why does this girl love playing with my head?

So I'm a guy and my BEST friend is a girl. We haven't know each other that long, probably 8 months. We had a thing at first, never dated, but we liked each other, and talked about a relationship. I found out that I was a backup plan, which hurt my feelings and slowly cut off contact with her. We didn't talk for a number of months, until I texted her one night about 3 months ago, ever since then we became VERY good friends, spending as much time as possible with each other. Last week she called me and says that she has been confused about me lately and "thinks" that she still likes me, I obviously told her that I still like her back,because I do,but she seemed surprised. She asked to come over to her parents yesterday and meet them then wanted to go meet mine. So I took her, she met them and everything went great. But she asked to get dropped off at a "friends" house after, so I didn't have to drive her back an hour. It was a guys house who I knew from work, who has a reputation as kind of a player. I let it go and didn't say anything, then this morning I wake up to a text like "Hey,I think I have been giving you the wrong impression" so I responded with "yea, I think so to" and then she just kept saying she's confused and doesn't want to lose me as a friend, and how heart broken she would be. I seriously have no idea what to do from here, any help?

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay it seems like she likes you as a friend but selfishly doesn't want to loose you. She's considered having a relationship with you (I guess) but has decided it's not what she wants. It up to you whether your okay with being friends, or if you would prefer to let her go/take some time to get over her. Since you're in a similar position to my current situation (I don't normally ask) but could you take a look at my question too link ?