How should I get my stuff back?

My ex-boyfriend has my parents' computer, and I need to get it back.

I could go and pick it up myself. Every time I think about it, my body goes into panic mode, like it did when we broke up, and so many times before. I'm curious to see what he might say, partly because it hurts that we're broken up. In a way, I wish we could be friends, but I think that would be bad for me overall. He might lie to me, or say nothing at all, or not even be there. One of the reasons we broke up is because he wouldn't talk to me on a regular basis, and I think trying to get some sort of reaction or closure would be feeding into the whole negative thing.

I could ask him to drop it off at my house. He hasn't come to my house to see me in like 10 months, but I think he might drop off the computer here.

I could go pick it up with my friends for moral support. This would be probably more fun for them than for me, but at least it would keep me focused on something other than him and keep me positive.

I could have my mom go pick it up. I don't really want her to. He might smoke a cigarette right when she gets there, and I don't want her to know that he smokes.

• Vote A Go pick it up from his place by myself.
  • Vote B Ask him to drop it off at my house.
  • Vote C Go pick it up with my friends in the car.
  • Vote D Have my mom go and pick it up for me.
Whoops, I forgot something important... for clarity, we broke up about 2 weeks ago. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Txt or email or something saying that you need the computer back and arrange a time to go and get it. Quick trick, if you arrange something else right after it, it forces you to get on with the task at hand, keeps you focused, no time to get into a big painful discussion over where things left off. Arrange to get coffee with a friend, or even better your parents, decide you can't be late, give yourself a 10 min window to get the computer, and LEAVE. Be polite, but no need to be sappy, or overly forgiving, no need to be curt or rude either. And if you find yourself getting sucked into anything, just say, "sorry but I have this important meeting, I just ment to stop by for the comp and I don't want to be late". Good Luck :D