Why are some Christians hypocritical?

Does anybody feel like they have a reputation to withhold? Me and a friend of mine had this conversation last night. Do you go to a Christian school, go to church often, or have family and friends parents that judge everything you do? I am one of those people who listen to to music I want, wear what I want and like what I want. I am a pretty good kid, I don't do drugs or smoke or drink. I the last year I became better at being the real person I am. It's just that I have done some bad "physical" things with my ex, that we are both ashamed of to this day. Only my sister, two of my best friends , my ex's best friend, and us two know of course. I know if people from my church knew, or my family knew I would be literally "stoned" by them. Doesn't the Bible reach not to judge? I know because I read it. I just feel like some Christians can be hypocritical and judgmental, when it comes to personal style, music , and other things.

Here's the kicker, one of my best friends is my preachers daughter, she is practically my sister. I love her parents, here mother treats me just like her daughter. Three of my guy friends go to a Christain school that is owned by my church. I went there K5-5th. One time my best friend was complaining about how these boys (including my ex) listen to "trashy music" a lot of the same muasic I do. I like most all music, but she dosn't kniw I listen to that stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• These Christians have taken their religion to a personal level, it is not in the religion to judge but to guide, so if anyone forces their belief onto any one else, then they are not practicing their religion correctly, they are adding their own personal belief without any thought of religion. I believe that regardless of religion, that if you cannot venture and find your own path, then its not a religion that is forced on you but a cult, and all cults demand all members behave in a certain way, and as a christian myself, I do not practice or attend church, but I do believe, but this will never stop me from finding my own path and making my own mistakes, and it will be me who asks god for forgiveness if I believe I need it, otherwise, the things I choose to do are what I want to do, no because someone has made me do otherwise, so don't feel as if you have done anything wrong, you are creating your own path and believe it or not, you are someone who will follow religion but never dictate to someone just because you don't agree with the way the pursue their own path. Take the things you like and express them, if someone does not approve, that's fine, because you are not bound to ask for permission, only to seek guidance, and with that you choose your own destiny, not those who judge you, so enjoy life, don't lose it to their demands. Good luck, and god bless,x

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 13

• Not only some Christians, also some Muslims. It's the social control by a religious community:

Result: link and link and link

Quote:

"Eighty percent of young evangelicals have engaged in premarital sex, according to a new video from the National Association of Evangelicals. and almost a third of evangelicals' unplanned pregnancies end in abortion." read more: link

Unquote

Let the stoning begin.

Look here about Muslims: link and here: link

Let the stoning begin.

• Christians, Muslims, and Jews...they will always be judgmental as f***.

• She has a right to an opinion, but so do you, and if you choose to like that music, she shouldn't judge you on that, and its only trashy because she refuses to give it a chance, if she actually listened, she is scared she might like it, so she chooses not to, so I would be open and mention to her that you don't mind it, and tell her a lot of it is far from trashy,x

• There is nothing wrong with making mistakes with a guy, a lot of people have been there. I made the same mistake with my ex, and I certainly regret it. I used to be a fairly hard core Christian. Like I legit wanted to be a preacher and everything. I had read the Bible and kind of ignored the things that didn't seem to make a lot of sense. But then I went to college. Oh the wonderousness that is college. Your whole life changes and you see things in a completely different light. It is my personal belief that contradictions cannot exist. So obviously that makes the Bible a problem. There are so many contradictions in there it makes anyone's head spin. The only answer I ever got for them is that we have to trust God and we shouldn't question God and it isn't our place to know God's thoughts. I don't know about you but I have serious problems with those statements. Continuing with the theme of contradictions, an old friend of mine is still a hard core Christian but she, having recently arrived at college and breaking up with her long term boyfriend, is now sleeping with some random dude she met during the first party she went to. She still goes to church and everything. I think it's rather comical. But there are thousands of examples like this, I'm sure I don't have to point them out to you. Long story short, don't let the opinions of people that force their opinion on others with the promises of paradise or eternal damnation bother you. They are really just compensating for something.

• Christians are not perfect, they never claimed to be. In fact they acknowledge they are not perfect. Jesus dieing for our sins wasn't a pointless duty, disrespecting that, disrespects what God done for us. We should be aiming to be as perfect as possible, Jesus is supposed to be the epitome of who we aim to be

• Much of the time Christians feel the need to either recruit you to their way of life/thinking or justify their own choice. So it sounds judgmental. And it is. :-) BUT, they are forgiven.

Good Luck,

James

More from Guys
8

What Girls Said 7

• Well, there are two different kinds of Christians. There is the kind that follows the actual teachings and doesn't judge, and there is the kind that makes up whatever sh*t they want and say "Because the bible said so" for every argument. But I'm not even a Christian, I'm just calling it as I see it. Something else... They wouldn't really be judging you. You just admitted to the things you've done, so the correct phrase would be that they're "looking down upon you for things they've probably done, themselves."

• Have you ever heard of that teacher who tells a kid she's stupid and will amount to nothing?

Or that politician who claims to be honest and then the press digs up their lies?

Or that police officer selling drugs on the side?

Or that mother beating her child?

Or that black person stick his nose up at white people?

Or that womanizer upset that some guy used his sister?

Why are Christians so judgmental of atheists? Why are atheists so judgmental of Christians?

People are individuals. Doesn't make the entire group of them the same. Why do some people do bad things? Because they make bad choices.

• “When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'." I'm whispering "I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven."

When I say... "I am a Christian" I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak And need His strength to carry on.

When I say. "I am a Christian" I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed And need God to clean my mess.

When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not claiming to be perfect, My flaws are far too visible But, God believes I am worth it.

When I say... "I am a Christian" I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches So I call upon His name.

When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow.”

• God's Judgement is for everyone, no one gets a free ride in life just because they claim to be this or that. Be the person you want others to see and that is all anyone can be.

• I like this.

• The thing is, the crazies are always the loudest. Those who spread a message of judgment are the ones who are heard.

The bible teaches us not to judge other people. It says not to pick a splinter out of your neighbor's eye when there is a plank in your own. The bible is there to tell us how to live our lives, not how to tell others how to live their lives. I think a lot of Christians forget that. I'm not saying that it's okay to drink and do drugs and have sex before marriage, but that's between you and God, not between you and your entire church acting in the name of God. SMH.

• In my opinion, people have really changed what Christianity really is. To me it's believing in God and accepting Jesus Christ as your savior. That's it. I don't believe in "sin" unless it's something that harms other people. I don't believe that sex is a sin or bad thing, I think it's okay to be gay, it's fine to cuss, etc...I don't really trust the Bible because you know that God gave people free will, and people could have twisted things around. A lot of things that are considered to be a sin is actually human nature. So don't worry so much, please. Just be a good person, love God, and be happy in your life. :)

• Even though I personally don't even believe in God, I really like your answer.

More from Girls
2