How many friends do you have on here?

I have 104. I pretty much just add people and then if they annoy me or creep me out or something, I block them.

I have 104 friends and have blocked 26.

How many friends/blocks do you have?

What reasons do you have for adding/blocking?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I don't pay too much attention to the friends system, AKA the augmented social networking organ that is typical of any forum. I'd rather just have a few upvotes and positive comments here and there, rather than have everyone like me.

As others have said, blocking is necessary if you want to avoid misery on this site. I know it's a little bit taboo because it's exclusionary and it's akin to taking your ball and going home after losing the first round.

But I don't think there's any honor lost in pulling the plug on someone who just wants to bust your chops for not subscribing to their world views.

Neither do I think it's wrong to block somebody who is just plain annoying because they always make sarcastic and cynical comments. I know that I can be sarcastic and cynical myself, who isn't, but when I block somebody for being this way it's because they do it excessively, and they tend to deliberately misinterpret questions and answers just to derail the topic and gain attention for themselves.

But, of course, nothing is infallible. If someone hates your guts enough, they'll find a way around the safeguards.

What Guys Said 16

• i rarely add people on here. its really weird not even knowing a person. its not like Facebook. you don't know who might be on the other side of the screen.

• None. I'm not doing that. Digital friends mean nothing to me. I have to meet people ONLY. I deleted all my Facebook friends except a few- maybe 5 or 6 because the friends I have don't need Facebook to be my friend. That's just the reality of life. And there is only one reality. And this isn't it. I block people who try to tell me what to do, when to do it, how to spend my money or time, or get me in trouble, or show things I don't want to get involved with, or trample on my privacy, or advertisers, and I don't do any APPS. I hate that. I block old classmates who I never liked or jesus freaks and stuff. Whores and stuff.

• 6 or 7 friends that added me and I just add back. I don't know these people at all or how they came to add me

0 blocked because people don't get under my skin online. A few have me blocked though. Makes me feel accomplished. B)

• I currently have 646...I pretty much friend anyone...I currently have 5 blocked...the most I have ever had...people I block are usually because they block me.../:/:

• Zero. lol I'm popular. Its alright. I have all my balloons as friends. I'm a Looner.

• Omg me 2 :)

• 32 friends.

4 blocks.

I only added one of all the friends I had. I don't see the point of friends on this site. I don't know anyone personally.

• Same. I just accept unless they creep me out :p

• I don't understand how you guys have so many blocked lol. I only have doctorjay blocked, and well all know why that is necessary xD

I have a few friends but most of them don't even want to talk half the time, so I don't understand why they would add me

• You are correct..there IS a lot of bashing of the opposite gender...but, with a few exceptions...there are a lot of cool females on here...(:(:(:

• Ah, well its just that I almost never get provoked on here. Guess uve just been lucky up to this point, hah. Also in that past rant, I was really talking about what girls and guys were saying about the opposite sex, but it wasn't too personal or anything

• I remember about a week or so ago you were getting bitter and saying too many people pick fights and clash with each other. =P That's the exact reason why I left like a year ago. If you want to stick around and talk to the decent people, you need to block the douches that just start sh*t so you can have a good time. =D

• 33 accounts are currently on my "friends list". That number should be a lot lower and I WOULD make it lower... but there's just no more passion to really give a damn.

My block list stands at 30. I'll pull the trigger on anyone who comes off as bitchy, narcissistic, or shows that they are a complete waste of my GAG time (people who think one way or the highway). I've saved a lot of time just by preventing idiots from commenting on my answers.

• Lol

• Block those dogs lol!

• Too lazy to count, I got like 6 pages of friends. I have never blocked anyone, and I've only added like 3 or 4 people.

• I have around 100. I haven't blocked anyone.

• 62. 5 blocked and soon to have a 6th. I block people who cannot think outside their own little box and feel the need to insult someones character, personality, and intelligence in disagreements. Such as one user who answered here notoriously does that.

• I have 14 at the moment. 11 of which I talk to/interacted with on a semi-regular basis. The other 3 were added recently and will probably be deleted in the next week or so since the are quite. Had tons of people add me, but if I don't interact with them then I delete them. I have 29 blocked at the moment.

• idk, haven't counted them but I talk to no one

• lol okay only one, she's sexy :D

• Lies puta

• 0

Im here just to find out what others think, the answers ... whatever. Even if I try to pm something, I see it requires "friend" status, so I don't care.

• You mean contacts? 15

• about 5.

What Girls Said 9

• I have 204 friends and mostly they added me.I added few because I like their answers or questions.

I have 12 blocked.2 of them blocked me after argued about stupid things and coward to valid their points.So I had to block them back.

One was a self hater dude who is very obsess with racial questions and insult other races including his own and mine.He then added me again and again.I keep denying and still he added me so he gave me no choice...Another 9 were online sexual perverts who tried to cyber with me.

• I have 4 now lol. I used to have over 150, then I lowered it down to 20, and now I'm at 4.

I have 26 people blocked.

The only reason those people are blocked because they were being creepy basically.

• I have 94 friends,I have only one blocked and that was a long time of debating if I should or not. But I feel it was for the best. I may unblock them someday but not at the moment.

• I think I have 20 friends.

I don't have anyone blocked.

I find the person interesting.

• This is gonna sound pathetic but I have 358 and like 2 blocked but I have been on here for 2 years I use to talk to people until I got my iPad and instant messaging doesn't work

• 0. All the rest blocked. I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to ask questions and to answer people. I've had friends here before and all of them ended up creeping me out or nagging me too much, so now I don't accept friends requests anymore.

• 144 friends 0 blocked

I just added people if they send me a friend request. I only occasionally send a friend request to someone if they have a decent amount of xper points, and I like their answers.

I haven't ever felt the need to block someone.

• 165 friends and 20 blocked

reasons for adding are funny or kind responses or trying to help others. Blocking because they are stalkers and majority of them blocked me first then stalk my questions by down voting so I block so they can't mess with my answers/questions

• i have 142 and I've blocked 4.

i don't usually requst people but I accept all requests.

i'm not a big talker though so that's why I don't really care who is on my page.